219A Class 26 Can Am Renegade

BajaBound27

Reaction
Im looking at equipping a renegade for this class. Does anyone know what happened to 219A? Why did they DNF? Some kind of mechanical failure? Just curious as to the ability of this type of machine to finish and what mods where or need to be done to help increase the chances of making it.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
If you build it in time VtoR will be a good test.

sstrunk

Reaction
I think that those bikes are more than capable of finishing any race. You might want to talk to epic racing because they have built several of the can am renegades. I would take the 4x4 off and build new cromolly (sp) a-arms, guset the frame, and either gusset or build new rear trailing arms, some better shocks, 26 inch tires and the most important part tire balls.
thats my opinion.

BajaBound27

Reaction
Haven't got any action on this post in awhile but has anyone heard what happened to this team? (DNF)

Elk Hunter

Reaction
Robs web site is www.fatrob.com . I have sent a e mail but no reply. You might have better luck.

joebaja

Reaction
It would be a good idea to check the rules for class26. Look up SCOREs home page, click on TECH NOTES, scroll down to class 26 and see the requirements. Like, Utility 4X4, front and rear racks from factory and minimum 600 lbs. You can remove the front drive, but it has to come from the factory with one first.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
I think the can-am's need some frame reinforcement's. Not sure where.

joebaja

Reaction
Lead @ K78, Endo on Summit, Hit by truck @ Borrego, Repair, Repair, Rolled @394, Folded Bars.......Done.

BajaBound27

Reaction
ok im a noob i guess. what does endo mean? endover end?, what happened with the truck issue? Im assuming that the renegade qualifies as class 26 if it has been entered into that class before. Am i wrong in assuming this? Who ultimately makes the decision? Would hate to go through all the hassle to not meet the qualifications in tech.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
Lead @ K78, , .
For 1 mile of pavement while we were pitting, then passed as soon as it turned to dirt.

Way to stick with it. Rob called last night and said he will be back for the 1000.

joebaja

Reaction
ok im a noob i guess. what does endo mean? endover end?, what happened with the truck issue? Im assuming that the renegade qualifies as class 26 if it has been entered into that class before. Am i wrong in assuming this? Who ultimately makes the decision? Would hate to go through all the hassle to not meet the qualifications in tech.
It's an Outlander. Check the photo galleries for the SF250, and B500. "Renegade" in the program was a misprint by the SCORE PR guy. The Renegade is a sport quad. 26 is a"Limited Utility 4X4" class. If Bubba can strap a gun rack, cooler, and a dead deer on it, you can race it. Just kidding. You can take the racks off, but they have to come from the factory with racks. Also the engine and frame combinations can't change either. Strengthening is allowed. Frame swaps are not. Rules are rules. At least for this season.

FAT ROB !

Reaction
1 Mile ?
Wow, I think you might want to look at some of the 2009 Baja 500 Video that the "Awesome Baja Spectators" are posting at "You Tube.com "
You'll see in the Video that #219a Rob Ransford and The Fat Rob .Com 4x4 are right behind you, like 15 Seconds or less behind you !
An since #219a started 30 Seconds behind your #201a you are actually loosing the Race or in Second Place.
Sure you may be in front of me but your still in 2nd Place - HA !
It would have been worse if you didn't pass me on the Highway !
It would have been worse if your 2 Pit Crew Members didn't jump out in front of my ATV at Ojos Negros Highway Crossing !
Sure you opened up a little bit of a lead on me at times, but that " 1000 Pound Arctic Cat Thunder - Kitten " leaves Quite a Dust Trail ! - HA!
Hey This is kind of Fun, I now see why you and your Buddies talk it up so much on this Web Site !
In the end #219a DNFs and #201a finishes and with ONLY 2 ATVs in the Class, a Finish gets you a WIN !
For that the Fat Rob .com Off Road Racing Team would like to send our Congrads to the Double Fines team on their Baja 500 Win and their Great 2009 Season.
Fat Rob

Elk Hunter

Reaction
Dusty? Sal, Please use the down time between the 500 and the 1000 to figure a way to water the course so Fat Rob does not have to deal with dust. Also for the safety of all involved a barricade along the course so spectators do not get to close and scare any of the racers. Thank you in advance for taking care of this problem.

Attachments

TCRAFT

Reaction
This is gonna get good...:D Elk Hunter those trophies look good!!!!

TCRAFT

Reaction
Oh I forgot FAT ROB to win you must first finish in Baja......I think I heard that once before from someone.....