24 Hours of Lemons BUTTONWILLOW RECAP

GAME OVER?

Almost There
Reaction
Before I go through the race recap I would like to first thank the underground. They are a great group of guys! Thanks Loomis for letting me rape and pillage the parts car, Thanks fish for all the advice and pointers, Pat for the loner suit (Ill get it washed and back to you ASAP). Dan200 Thanks for....................well.................NOTHING!:p

Wait, Thanks for the $20 I won off you.

Now a little race recap,

We started the trip in the worst way possible. We were scheduled to leave thurs. at 6. Car wasnt quite close to done, or we hadnt packed anything. Finally rolled out of escondido about 12 at night! on the awesomely horrible drive north Dan, Fish and Loomis made sure to send me pics from the bars to show what a horrible time they were having. We arrived at the track at 5:30am. Passed out in the drivers seat for 45 minutes then the track opened.

Friday we got the tent set up and final prep on the car done. Teched the car with only 1 penalty lap. No thanks to the underground! D BAGS!!!!! Took the car out for a little shake down. Found that the car liked to get hot on really hard runs and the 2nd gear syncros were not up to snuff! Made a few changes friday night and got to bed about 12pm

Saturday we slept in then prepared for a hard fight with the underground. Bryan is first in the car. He bobbed his way through traffic and stayed clean for the first hour and a half. Martin is up next. The danish dynimite jumps in the car and rips for the track. 10-15 laps later he comes in. Apparently he was speeding in the pits. We got lucky and they let us off with a 20 minute penalty. Worked perfect because the the car was overheating at this point. We blew the upper radiator hose a short time later. So we replaced all the hoses. Sam is in the car now. He does exactly what we need him to. Easy consistant laps to keep the car together. We knew a win was out of the question, so we were just looking for a decent finish. Sam got hit in the AZZ and turned around in a corner, another black flag. Since it wasn’t his fault we just had to switch drivers. Tyler runs through his time with no problems! Martin gets back in for another short run. Cars running hot but running. Now its my turn. 6:30 rolls around. We break out the Costco size boy butter and the shoe horn. With 1 swift kick from bryan I squeeze into the car! Belts on and gone. I was having a great run until I got a little cocky over lost hill. Not sure if the CRX in my azz helped me around or it was on my own but it went around. It had a brutal clunk to it. Limped it to the pits. Loomis and Fish pulled 10 pounds of dirt outta the wheels and I was off to the penalty box. Lucky for me I was able to talk my way outta it! Back on to the track to finish out the day at dusk. Worked on the car til 12 or so and passed out!

Sunday rolls around! Up nice and early, hangover in tow! Bryan is again first into the car. A great first session. Martin is next. Making sure to tip toe out of the pits. Another good session. Sam is up next, still battling the over heating issues we get blacked flagged. To the penalty box we go. Apparently some jack off took a picture on his phone and told on us! Improper fueling. A stern talk from the judge and a drivers change and we were off. Tyler is running some decent times while keeping the car cool. He flat runs outta talent over lost hill and spins the car. I hate the penalty box. It was 1 hour into his session so he give the judge the puppy looked and plays the “Im dehydrated and dying” card. It works off the hook and to the pits for fuel and a drivers change. Like any good team we saved the heavy hitter for the end. I jump in the car like jack rabbit. Well maybe a fat stoned and retarded jack rabbit! I start clicking of some decent laps. Full course yellow. 1 car is in the dirt, 1 car on fire and 1 missing a transmission! Back to racing for a balls out 10 minute sprint to the **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**. I was stuck in a group of fast guys and was not quite sure how I was hanging. I was excited that I was able to battle with Josh Balwin and get around him! Door to door and bumper to bumper. I felt like Cole Trickle in The Days of Thunder. I think I even quoted some lines from that movie over the radio! Checked flag came out. We took 36th out of 97 starters. Not to shabby for are first attempt at road racing! Thanks again to the underground for there help and entertainment.

Theres a ton of small stuff I forgot or left out. Ill get pictures up when I get them.

We are now hooked and will be back for more!

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
NIce Recap Kyle....

I am sitting in the SD airport chatting up a blonde and drinking bloddy marrys going thru my pictures right now while keeping tabs on the lemons site waiting for our approval for Texas Lemons...

Enjoy the 20 bucks you won.... It wont be happening again....

Im glad ya got hooked.....

Lemons Rules!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Haha.. Great write up Kyle

Thanks for the use of your guys country club amenities!!

And they says the TT guys are the country clubbers!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya you guys are lucky cause looking at our lap times compared to yours it wouldnt have even been close :)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Look I dont want to make any engine refrences cuz I know how hard Loomis worked on the car but your still talkin shiat after you beat! I Love it!

you could have set a track record but we still beat you. plain and simple!:D
Im just pointing out facts buddy lol. Yes you guys did beat us, congrats. But you did not have a faster car :)

michael_loomis

Reaction
I know.. I know.. you beat us. Even managed to best our first race finishing position of 63rd. Good thing I had that cooling hose laying around when you suffered a two inch gash in yours! :D

Got me wonderin if we should ditch the turbo setup! nahhhh.... LOL

GAME OVER?

Almost There
Reaction
And we cant thank you enough for that! I will get you a new hose when I dring the parts car back. I think with a N/A motor, 5 speed and teach Dan to drive you guys have a good shot at a win.

I think with a couple more races to sort the car out we will be right there as well.

Looking at the times that volvo almost set a track record with a 2:17 thats haulin.

I know.. I know.. you beat us. Even managed to best our first race finishing position of 63rd. Good thing I had that cooling hose laying around when you suffered a two inch gash in yours! :D

Got me wonderin if we should ditch the turbo setup! nahhhh.... LOL

michael_loomis

Reaction
The Miata and another car had had a 2:16.6 and a 2:16.3

fast cars.. I need a radiator and oil coolers the size of Texas to run that much boost! lol

michael_loomis

Reaction
Yup... just imagine if you had an automatic! LOL