24 Hours Of Lemons Buttonwillow

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Alright here is a thread for the planning and talk about the upcoming Buttonwillow race August 15th.

Its pretty sweet finally a race thats semi close to us in Southern CA. Only about 3-4 hours from San Diego area.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Word.

So tonight the transmission is removed from the engine, and the engine gets torn down till its too dark to see outside. haha. atleast a quart of water came out first when I drained the oil. I am assuming this is due to a cracked block, as the motor sounded like it was playing ping pong with a connecting rod before it seized. LOL

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Word.

So tonight the transmission is removed from the engine, and the engine gets torn down till its too dark to see outside. haha. atleast a quart of water came out first when I drained the oil. I am assuming this is due to a cracked block, as the motor sounded like it was playing ping pong with a connecting rod before it seized. LOL

MIke is there anything I can do out here. ANy junk we can get sold from the shell outside the shop? I will write up the ads for ya for Craigs list, do a little networking on the z forums. or whatever. Maybe we can trade the doors for a new diff or something.

And hopefully get that thing out of there.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Sure dan, if you want to list the Z parts. all interior parts, doors etc. one door is missing a mirror. :)

its an 1985 300zx 2 + 2. meaning its got a back seat, i.e. longer wheelbase. I need to pull the block, trans and rear drivetrain out of it, and somebody else can have the shell.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Re: *Official* 24 Hours of Lemons RENO Update Thread

We can run BFG channel its on the radios we have....it would be kinda cool to go up there before the race and check the track out. I could take the WRX up there if they have an open track day....

the 14th (day before) is open practice day...

Dunno what the cost is.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Sure dan, if you want to list the Z parts. all interior parts, doors etc. one door is missing a mirror. :)

its an 1985 300zx 2 + 2. meaning its got a back seat, i.e. longer wheelbase. I need to pull the block, trans and rear drivetrain out of it, and somebody else can have the shell.

When you get a chance, send me pics and i will list it.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

the 14th (day before) is open practice day...

Dunno what the cost is.

Well they have a lot of open days between now and then im sure. Would be cool to go sometime later this month or next and check it out.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
If the doors and windows are in good shape you can probably get a little bit for those for sure.

michael_loomis

Reaction

Its sort of a waste if we dont know the exact layout though. Friday before tech would be best.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Testing the car its self the day before the race can be good and bad. Good because it gives you one last shake down of the car and a look at the track. Bad because it gives more chances of something happening to it/crashing. Even if its not your fault there are others on the track that day.

I personally think its a good idea to test especially if we are going to have new components on the car (engine, different tires/wheel size). Just have to remember to take it easy and not break it before the race even starts lol.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya know I was thinking that the enclosed is nice and all but with AGM showing up with their semi at Buttonwillow we really do need to step it up. I know a semi we could rent for the weekend (Pfluegers) lol

GAME OVER?

Almost There
Reaction
I will bring my dads Millenium Falcon if he lets me. He won it off Han Solos cousin in a poker game.

That wins hands down.

Its not a full semi trailer. I fudged just a lil bit, Its a 30ft stacker with a shop inside. Its just easier to call it a semi to people that dont get it. It will probably be pulled up by a real semi though! plus 2 30ft toy boxes. Thats if we get accepted. Im a bit worried Ive never done this so hopefully I have all the stuff filled out correctly! but WHEN we get accepted we are down to party