24 Hrs of Plaster City?

bajafoolin'

Reaction
Has there ever been a 24hr race in Plaster City? Did FUD or D38 ever done anything like that? My friend Chris at RacerX mentioned it the other day and I think its a great idea. It would start at the usual time on Saturday morning and most laps completed by sunday morning wins. Memorial day weekend seems like an ideal date (anything with a monday off).

Is this possible? What are the chances of DRIVE or MDR holding an event like this in the next couple years?

Could we round up enough volunteers? Could people afford that much race gas?

Would the cars survive?

Would you want to race this? Does this sound like fun to anybody else?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Maybe next year. It was in the works, so there is talk of bringing it back. Got to let the new guys get thier series and logistics ironed out.(Of course they have proven that they are the best in IV) :cool:

NIKAL

Reaction
Got to let the new guys get thier series and logistics ironed out.(Of course they have proven that they are the best in IV)

Proven! How?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Has there ever been a 24hr race in Plaster City? Did FUD or D38 ever done anything like that? My friend Chris at RacerX mentioned it the other day and I think its a great idea. It would start at the usual time on Saturday morning and most laps completed by sunday morning wins. Memorial day weekend seems like an ideal date (anything with a monday off).

Is this possible? What are the chances of DRIVE or MDR holding an event like this in the next couple years?

Would the cars survive?

I started a similar thread about a year and a half ago.

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37441&highlight=FUD+hours

I believe the last time the four wheel vehicles participated was in 1994. I know DRIVE has expressed an interest in reviving this race. They just have to figure out the logisitics, costs and BLM approval. The cost just to have emergency medical crews and ambulances on standby for a 24 hour time period is prohibitive to some sanctioning bodies. I'd love to have the oppotunity to participate in this race. I've talked to some people who raced it in the past and they would tell of people walking up and down pit row pleading with stangers to take a turn in their cars because they were so worn out.

Wild bill

Reaction
One problem I see with that idea is that with a 30 mile loop (+ or -), the course would be mush by the end. You would hav't to make it much longer loops for the course to survive (or the racers).

Tundranation

Reaction

Would the cars survive?

I'm down to volunteer !!! 24 hr race would be awesome !!! :D

BGRANT

Reaction
One problem I see with that idea is that with a 30 mile loop (+ or -), the course would be mush by the end. You would hav't to make it much longer loops for the course to survive (or the racers).

Bike race was only 10 miles and wasn't too bad at the end, The wash was used and there are multiple lines. We didn't finish in the car race so I can't recall the condition of the course.

wetmonkey

Reaction

Or maybe do a "B" loop like in the Hare and Hounds. At the 12 hr mark open up another section.

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Whenever Doug gives the O.K.

The DRIVE VOLUNTEER ARMY will rock 24hrs of Plaster City!

-Brian & Amy

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
I would do this on a bike :D

A Vance

Reaction
Did it on a bike in 01 and quad in 03. Most fun you could have beating up the same course over and over and over and over again. lol. I miss fud doing his little jump when you got the checkered