2nd class at crandon

snoreracer

Reaction
My take on Crandon after driving over 2000 miles to get here is it isn't no score riverside race but a close try . My **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** is the sportsman get no respect . On Friday the pro classes all got to practice but no sportsman . having never been on the track and wanting to do good it is hard not to have practice . Then on Saturday morning all classes got 3 laps of practice the same was schedule for Sunday but at the drivers meeting we were told no practice for the sportsman classes , this was after making big changes to my car yesterday after Saturdays race . At the Lucas oil series the sportsman classes have the same amount of practice as the pros and in my opinion they are both treated equally ,I fell like second class here at crandon

Attachments

vw2nut

Reaction
that sucks kenny they should give all the entrys the same amount of practice time so it's all equal good luck today.

hoeker

Reaction
My take on Crandon after driving over 2000 miles to get here is it isn't no score riverside race but a close try . My **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** is the sportsman get no respect . On Friday the pro classes all got to practice but no sportsman . having never been on the track and wanting to do good it is hard not to have practice . Then on Saturday morning all classes got 3 laps of practice the same was schedule for Sunday but at the drivers meeting we were told no practice for the sportsman classes , this was after making big changes to my car yesterday after Saturdays race . At the Lucas oil series the sportsman classes have the same amount of practice as the pros and in my opinion they are both treated equally ,I fell like second class here at crandon
1st, crandon never has friday practice, they added it for the pro show to evaluate the track changes and because the track was so wet teams couldn't practice in previous weeks. the sportsman got the EXACT same amount of practice they always get.

2nd, who needs more seat time on that track? a truck that goes through turn one at 100mph with 17 of his bigest rivals on his butt or a buggy that runs through there at 60-80?

3rd, crandon takes great pride in having THE best racing anywhere but weather this spring had cliff and jake struggling to get the track in shape, as you saw from saturday's racing, the track was garbage by the end of the pro-2 race. they needed the extra time sunday to properly prep the track so the conditions would be better sunday for ALL classes.

randy1123

Reaction
2nd, who needs more seat time on that track? a truck that goes through turn one at 100mph with 17 of his bigest rivals on his butt or a buggy that runs through there at 60-80?
Come on Ross, why put it like this?
The guy has never been there, and needs seat time. You confirmed that the Buggy class is second class.

hoeker

Reaction
Come on Ross, why put it like this?
The guy has never been there, and needs seat time. You confirmed that the Buggy class is second class.
sorry, one problem this sport has ALWAYS had is lack of practice time. crandon runs a full show and it makes it hard to add more track time, TV had a fit we were on the track at all on friday. snore racer didn't need to make it sound like he got cheated, Terry explained the reasons for cancelling sundays practice and they were good reasons.

wildtoyota

Reaction
1st, crandon never has friday practice, they added it for the pro show to evaluate the track changes and because the track was so wet teams couldn't practice in previous weeks. the sportsman got the EXACT same amount of practice they always get.

3rd, crandon takes great pride in having THE best racing anywhere but weather this spring had cliff and jake struggling to get the track in shape, as you saw from saturday's racing, the track was garbage by the end of the pro-2 race. they needed the extra time sunday to properly prep the track so the conditions would be better sunday for ALL classes.

1st Correct , We get screwed out of practice on sunday quite often.

2nd Whats your point?

3rd In the drivers meeting sunday they said they did not want the track messed up before the races..... But... Hey the pros can run on it.. Whats the thinking there, high horsepower trucks will not mess it up?

hoeker

Reaction
3rd In the drivers meeting sunday they said they did not want the track messed up before the races..... But... Hey the pros can run on it.. Whats the thinking there, high horsepower trucks will not mess it up?
with the rule change regarding the land rush start the pro's had to practice to establish the starting grid.

don't forget, i got "screwed" out of practice in my limited 2 as well, if i had practiced i may have found the problem that took me out of my race a couple hours later.

stick around for bark river in a couple weeks, they almost always have friday practice.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction

Maybe you should try racing an open wheel car then.Truck tires are covered by fenders and when they touch other trucks they usually bounce off eachother on the other hand when buggies touch there`s usually some flipping involved.so I would say that they need just as much pratice as a truck would.

Bucksey

Reaction
Well I don't think you should blame Crandon for what happened? The series has control over the practice schedule I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

GRANT@FUNCO

Reaction
AW: Re: 2nd class at crandon

I am not usually one to piss and moan on a website.. and I realize where we are at on the totem pole. AHH nevermind .

vw2nut

Reaction
"2nd, who needs more seat time on that track? a truck that goes through turn one at 100mph with 17 of his bigest rivals on his butt or a buggy that runs through there at 60-80?"

that's the dumbest remark i have ever heard all classes need the same amount of seat time and practice to single out a class because they are slower thats just redickulas.:eek:

snoreracer

Reaction

1st I am not bagging on crandon just making a point . Having raced short course in the score, snore, corr , hdra and Lucas oil , this is the first time that I got no practice on Friday or on Sunday . I guess I got spoiled on the west coast.

2nd all classes need practice , as Tony from Lucas oil said to the single buggy drivers at the Arizona race after we all protested that the track was watered way to much for our race on Saturday " I think as all competitors in the Lucas oil series as equals ,no one class is anymore important than another " he did fix the water issue

3rd the limited and sportsman classes do much less damage to the track , and being a desert guy i would have practiced on the track after the pro-2 race the track needs more whoops any way

Attachments

hoeker

Reaction
guys, Crandon packs more excitement into a race weekend than any other venue. more classes, more races, fireworks and even concerts, maybe some motocross, maybe not but the weekend is JAM PACKED with racing and excitement.

the Track was TRASHED saturday night, worse than i've ever seen crandon and i know the flannery's weren't happy about it. yes, all classes need practice, yes all classes are important but its time for some of the racers to realize that the Pro trucks sell the tickets. i am struggling to stay in pro-2wd after making the step up 2 years ago but to be perfectly honest i'm ready to just race the limited 2 for fun and watch the big boys race. i've heard many first time racers at crandon nervous about the blind turns, rises, and speed and i guess i take these things for granted as i survived negotiating the track in a dust storm this weekend but why do you need to go on here and act like this was an attack on the "buggy guys"? Crandon and TORC for that matter are all about making a quality show for the fans. that's why limited 2 ran the short track and why the formula 4x4s and classix ran together. this is about the show, for the fans and on TV, i'm sorry you feel shorted after racing at the finest facility there is.

hoeker

Reaction
btw, bill, ever seen a pro-2 with no body? looks like an open wheel buggy to me.

hoeker

Reaction
...all classes need the same amount of seat time and practice to single out a class...
they didn't single out A class, of the 10 classes only 4 got to practice sunday and stock truck was only because of a significant rule change that over half the field was struggling with.

BF_702

Reaction
Well I don't think you should blame Crandon for what happened? The series has control over the practice schedule I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Your Wrong. The track has the control over who and for how long gets to practice. Crandon's track was in bad shape at best leading up to this past weekends race, so i'm sure they wanted as little practice as possible so the track surface would be better for racing. Bark River will offer all classes equal practice time unless the weather or some other unknown factor deteriorates our surface.
Brian

snakeyjake896

Reaction
"but its time for some of the racers to realize that the Pro trucks sell the tickets"quote

Actually the attendance numbers were almost equal to last year when there was hardly any pros.