• Forum membership has its advantages....

2nd gen Raptor info

nimrod

KOOK!
Anyone feel their truck is broken in and have firm grip on their mpg yet?

Thoughts on the various leveling collars for the front coilovers, do you notice anything in the ride, is it a bit firmer on the road?

I haven't seen any talk about the rear leaf springs. On my 2012 Deaver's made a huge difference but I've heard the new raptor rides awesome. Are the stock leafs okay, do you get the uphill sandwash wheel hop the first gen raptor on stock leafs had? Any thoughts on the suspension?

Thanks.

dude1782

About 2500 miles 14 mpg in normal mode 12 in sport 7 in Baja

I have 1.5" RPG collars and I think they improved the ride. Pretty much the same as mid perch.

I don't think anyone has leafs yet but stock is pretty good. It definitely gets some wheel hop and could be improved.

Frf has lots of good info in between all the bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punchdrunk monkey

Nimmy, just buy another Alumicraft and lets go cruise Baja!

nimrod

KOOK!
About 2500 miles 14 mpg in normal mode 12 in sport 7 in Baja

I have 1.5" RPG collars and I think they improved the ride. Pretty much the same as mid perch.

I don't think anyone has leafs yet but stock is pretty good. It definitely gets some wheel hop and could be improved.

Frf has lots of good info in between all the bs.

Thanks for the info. I've been hanging out a lot on frf but asking questions there seems like a great way to get flamed by a bunch internet heros until someone who really knows what's going on gives a reply. I like frf but there's a few knuckleheads there.

nimrod

KOOK!
Puuuuusssssss
Hello pot this is kettle.

So Says the guy who bailed on buggies and even sold his alumicraft prerunner just so he could ride around in pick up trucks.

It's okay Steve texted me with a bunch of info last night so there! :p:)

punchdrunk monkey

Just buy both. Then you can pick and choose.

nimrod

KOOK!
14-14.5 mpg combined I can live with, the 11.5 mpg from the big V8 was tough to take mentally, the sound was awesome but holy cow it just bugged me.

Jerry Zaiden

Anyone feel their truck is broken in and have firm grip on their mpg yet?

Thoughts on the various leveling collars for the front coilovers, do you notice anything in the ride, is it a bit firmer on the road?

I haven't seen any talk about the rear leaf springs. On my 2012 Deaver's made a huge difference but I've heard the new raptor rides awesome. Are the stock leafs okay, do you get the uphill sandwash wheel hop the first gen raptor on stock leafs had? Any thoughts on the suspension?

Thanks.
Can/Might get about 18MPG but that will never happen because the truck is fun to just drive fast.

We have a new leveling coilspring coming out stay tuned. We might also build a collar but why when you can just do a better spring.

We also have a new sample spring getting installed in a week or so. As for stock ride the Raptor rides great stock no issues there. Yes they get a ton of axle wrap that is where a better aftermarket spring will help.

The stock shocks feel like they need some valving help but they set them up for the 90% street guys with some off-road. They can be stiffened up a bit to work better off-road and still work good on road. We will be offering re-valving to the factory shocks when we are happy with the valving we come up with.

I have 4000 miles on mine so far with about 200-225 off road. Very happy everything but the Tacoma V6 sound. But I can deal with the sound for the power and drive-ability.

Come by and take it for a spin and check it out if you want.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Has anyone mounted a GPS unit in it yet? Want it to be removable and when taken out still look "clean". Anyone making a mount yet?

Also where have you guys mounted your radios?

Pics would be appreciated!

dude1782

Gps and radio going in on monday

Last edited:

dude1782

I'm taking my truck to sdhq. I'm going to have them mount the radio in the sync drawer and the gps on top of the dash and make it able to fold flat when I'm not using it.

dude1782

Sdhq did a great job. The mounts are super clean. Pics incoming.