2nd opinion...

sirhk100

Reaction
Someday when I recover from this lack of $$$ situation I'm getting a desert tank for my bike. I've got all white plastics and am in a toss up between a white tank or a natural tank. Here's photos of a white kit with the natural tank. What do you think? I like the idea of glancing to see your fuel level. You can imagine what it would look like white. (ignore the cut seat... The guy that owns the bike is like 4'2" or something and had to do it to touch the ground.)

White/Natural photos

desertratt

Reaction
i use the natural on every thing my self. i like the fact i can see my gas levels

sirhk100

Reaction
LOL John!!! I'll have to get the Dry Break too then!!! Oh and replace all my cans. Then I won't have to share gas anymore though.

empire231

Reaction
looks good that way, and it helps!

I cant see anything through my black tank on my cr! even w/ the cap open!

sirhk100

Reaction
I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!! You don't know to stop till it's basically about to overflow!!!

Ryno

Reaction
Khris-

talk to the boys @ Baja Designs. Get an IMS tank....the quality is 10x that of Clarke. I got a 3.5 gal tank, BLACK. Yes, being able to see the level is a pain, but I fill up once a day. You WILL need to get the forks revalved for the tank...bike handles quite a bit different.

Ryan

BradM

Reaction
Go for the natural. I have a natural one my xr650 and a red on my CR500 and I love being able to look down at any point in a ride and know how much fuel I have left. When I get past some of the $$ I am dunping into my harley, I think I will have to order another natural IMS tank for my CR.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Khris,

If you have the slightest inkling of desert racing the bike, get the natural. And of course, dry break (lots more $$$). The last 2 IMS tanks we bought for our race bike were defective. They did not cure the plastic right and the dry breaks did not fit. Instead of offering to replace the tanks, their solution was for me to take a dremmel tool and fix it myself. The last tank we bought from IMS was advertised at 3.0 gal, but when it arrived it was only 2.5 gallons. Unacceptable for Baja. We now have a Clarke 4.0 gal tank and worked great in our last 2 races.

Seve