On Topic 2wd vs 4x4 Prerunner Bronco

Baja Bronco

Reaction
Aight well don’t get mad but, what y’all think of a 2wd Prerunner Bronco with an lq9 making around 450-500 ish hp. With King 3.0 all around with ttb in the front and short course in the rear.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
2WD? Really? Worst idea ever.

A guy I used to race with had a 2X Bronco pre-runner. I had to unstick him several times with My POS 4X Bronco.

Reaction
I question using a heavy TTB on a 2WD vehicle.

I'd suggest a sail, propeller or geyser as an alternative.

And how do you fit a short course under the body???

Moss2

Reaction
Maybe if you keep it on a strict diet. Most Broncos end up in the 6,000lb range after everything is triple plated and every doodad is bolted, welded or strapped to it.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
I guess my question is- why? Sure you can get more wheel travel, but the 4WD TTB is no slouch in that department. I feel like the rear leaf springs and short wheelbase are limiting factors before the front wheel travel. And if it is a prerunner, being able to get unstuck or help others is well worth keeping 4WD.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Team Todo En

Reaction
Aight well don’t get mad but, what y’all think of a 2wd Prerunner Bronco with an lq9 making around 450-500 ish hp. With King 3.0 all around with ttb in the front and short course in the rear.
I'm not mad, but HP won't make any difference except to get the rear tires deeper when you're stuck. Stick with 4x4.
You always keep your EB hubs locked. Why take a chance on a 2x4

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BHollander

Reaction
Broncos are pigs keep it 4x4. At the end of the day it will not cost much different either way you go so keep 4x4 and never have to worry.