2XL Trophylite Rally - General discussion thread

michael_loomis

Reaction
Probably pretty close... but that 50 million ipads and ipod touch's do not count in smartPHONE stats...

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
The "50 million" iPads and iPods are included in the stats

Android's overall domination comes as no surprise really, considering the huge number of Android devices out there and new ones coming out almost every other week now. Apple's iOS, on the other hand, has so far been restricted to a handful of devices, ten to be precise, with four versions of the iPhone and iPod touch each and two versions of the iPad, launched over a period of four years. RIM too has a fair number of handsets under its belt and has been around much longer than the other two. We are sure if this chart showed smartphone users across the world, however, the difference between Android and iOS would be even higher as Android phones are available in lot more areas compared to iOS.

It even says if you added in the rest of the world that Android would have an even higher percentage.

michael_loomis

Reaction
The "50 million" iPads and iPods are included in the stats

It even says if you added in the rest of the world that Android would have an even higher percentage.

I dunno where your found this one ad, but every other article on google says differently. lol

Also, even your own quote above says "Smartphone" users across the world. "smartphone" is used several other times in the article. Sure, they are making a point that Android is coming out on a ton of devices, doesn't say conclusively that all those devices already out were included in their "research".

So which way is this article going to go.. devices, or "smartphones" WAJ

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Either way, I don't know why you wouldn't want this released on Android, regardless of which phone or platform is better. The fact is that Android is available everywhere and if they released it on it, they could possibly make more money. That should be a good thing right?

michael_loomis

Reaction
dgaf... why are you not tracking the 500 right now? lol

call-911

Reaction
Either way, I don't know why you wouldn't want this released on Android, regardless of which phone or platform is better. The fact is that Android is available everywhere and if they released it on it, they could possibly make more money. That should be a good thing right?

I would agree... A friend of mine who programs says that it's not as complex to program for the Android as it is for the iPhone as well so maybe we will see this in the future...

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
dgaf... why are you not tracking the 500 right now? lol

Cause I'd rather be there... :)

I would agree... A friend of mine who programs says that it's not as complex to program for the Android as it is for the iPhone as well so maybe we will see this in the future...

Even if there were only 40% Android powered devices and 60% iOS devices, that would almost double their available market...

michael_loomis

Reaction
Ya, it really doesn't make too much sense... eventually, Android will be dominate numbers wise. Its like PC vs Mac essentially.

I just like sticking it to you haters as long as possible. ;)

btw.. my screen has been cracked for awhile now.. I took it in, and they just wanted to trade it for a refurbished unit at $199. Last night I "dropped" it rather forcefully... and it literally exploded. Took it in today, they had a laugh, and gave me a knew one. Gratis. I <3 u Apple.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
My wife has an iPhone and I have a Sumsung EPIC, as far as capabilities go they're basically the same, some functions exist on one that doesn't on the other. My problem is, both phones do way more than I need from a phone and I'm actually thinking about returning my phone and just getting a regular cell phone for calls and texting and getting a Sumsung tablet for the pad :D