3.8 or 4.0?

richard cretsinger

Reaction
i currently have a ford ranger with a v8 302 and want to step down and put a v6 in so that i can run 7 open. which is the better set up the 3.8 or the 4.0. i would also like to stay with the c4 trans that is already in it. also need to know who builds these motors with some ponys. i know that they are not cheap, but willing to spend the bucks to compensate for the v8 loss that i am so used too. thanks for any info.

richard cretsinger

Reaction
i found super six motorsports the other day and talked to them, they are good guys to talk to, i really want to know who builds the busch series v6 motors for like rick taylors old ranger (i think he had one in it). any info is good, thanks

GMS739

Reaction
the man you need to call is leonard vansholt sorry about the missed spelled last name the phone # 719 687 9827 he is in colorado i talk him and he is a very cool man to talk to.. hope this helps. good luck

Jgarewal

Reaction
Rick Taylors motors as well as Jernigans motors are built in mexicali. I can put you in touch with him if you would like to meet him or talk to him. Ganzo is a real good guy with very low overhead and 20+ years of performance engine building. He is very familiar with both engines you are referring to.

Call (760) 791 0948

billymanfroy

Reaction
Dude...

Don't bother with street-based motors. Go with the 4.5. I can personally vouch for this motor kicking my ***, as can Larry Roseler. You will not find a better, stronger or fresher one any cheaper built by anyone with more knowledge than this guy. It's a steal.

2nd choice, I'd personally deal with Rick Taylor before even calling Vahsholtz.

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=2&mct=&md=second&id=9081