3000 class at Ridgecrest

Shoyrtt

Mini Metal and 3000 started together with Dana Dague in #702 followed by Kevin Ellis' #3021 and we brought up the rear in #3068. #3011 Jeff Offutt had some bad luck prerunning earlier in the day and the motor let go.:(

At the end of lap one we have all three cars in their same positions, 30 seconds apart. I believe 702 had some trouble in lap 2 (not sure what happened)? At the end of lap 2 we passed #3021 briefly but were passed back as we pitted (long pit:(). At the end of lap 3, I was told we were 15 minutes down. We got nerfed pretty hard in some thick dust near the end of lap 4 by #1020, but hey that's racing. Final results:

#3021 4:41 (35.4 mph avg)
#3068 4:53 (33.9 mph avg)
#702 DNF

It will be good see the lap times from SNORE and hopefully some pics from the first kicker on gasline road.:eek: It was great to meet Kevin and Jeff before the race. It looks like we will be out at the MORE race in September or the SNORE race in early October. :)

Thanks to RM and Prospectator for their pics.:)

fusionoffroad

congrats on the finnishes for the 3000 guys . loks like Kevin is painting a target on his truck . I think that makes 3 races in a row for him . Nice work. How many 3000 cars or trucks will be @ v 2 r.

MMS

Mini Metal and 3000 started together with Dana Dague in #702 followed by Kevin Ellis' #3021 and we brought up the rear in #3068. #3011 Jeff Offutt had some bad luck prerunning earlier in the day and the motor let go.:(

At the end of lap one we have all three cars in their same positions, 30 seconds apart. I believe 702 had some trouble in lap 2 (not sure what happened)? At the end of lap 2 we passed #3021 briefly but were passed back as we pitted (long pit:(). At the end of lap 3, I was told we were 15 minutes down. We got nerfed pretty hard in some thick dust near the end of lap 4 by #1020, but hey that's racing. Final results:

#3021 4:41 (35.4 mph avg)
#3068 4:53 (33.9 mph avg)
#702 DNF

It will be good see the lap times from SNORE and hopefully some pics from the first kicker on gasline road.:eek: It was great to meet Kevin and Jeff before the race. It looks like we will be out at the MORE race in September or the SNORE race in early October. :)

Thanks to RM and Prospectator for their pics.:)

good deal---how were the lap times compared to the 16s

MMS

congrats on the finnishes for the 3000 guys . loks like Kevin is painting a target on his truck . I think that makes 3 races in a row for him . Nice work. How many 3000 cars or trucks will be @ v 2 r.
entry list show two

Shoyrtt

We sure fielded more than a few question about the 3000 class. There was a lot of interest in the class from tech/contingency through the whole weekend. :):)

We can't make it to V2R this year and it looks like we will have to pass on the MORE race in September.:( We are shooting for the SNORE race on October 3rd. Hopefully you, Jeff, Kevin and Scanlan can make the trip to Primm/Jean to race. Maybe we start with the Mini Metal class again to see how we compare. ;)

BTW: I found the photos of gasline road on Trackside Photo
http://www.tracksidephoto.com/gallery
/index.php?category=gallery/2009r/SNORE/2009SNOREKCMdSpcl&start=0

Jim

Shoyrtt

good deal---how were the lap times compared to the 16s
Not sure on exact times until the results are posted. In the MDR race in June, Scanlan in Lucerne had faster times than every class except TT/CL1, 54 mph average speed. :eek: At Ridgecrest in the never ending whoops, the lighter cars were significantly faster IMO. SNORE started us 3000/MMs behind some slower classes which may have had a slight impact on our times.;)

fullthrottle

SNORE, didn't know where to put us so we started behind way too many slower cars! They did say at the awards ceremony they now realize how fast the cars are.:D

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
SNORE, didn't know where to put us so we started behind way too many slower cars! They did say at the awards ceremony they now realize how fast the cars are.:D
They say that EVERY race.... Even after finishing as high as we did in the overall last year at the midnight special.

Shoyrtt

I stand corrected on the times.:eek: I was told we were 12 minutes down but it turned out to be 18. Whoever was driving Kevin's 3021 car for laps 3 & 4 was really haulin the mail!:eek: Congrats on the win.:)

CRAIG_HALL

I started in Kevin's car(excuses here) and drove laps 1 & 2. On lap one we got high centered on a rock while in a turn in the crappy dust, and guessed 10 minutes of down time. Lap 2 I got a crappy flat & had jack trouble.. Kevin did great ! We had GPS tracking issues the entire race..

fusionoffroad

I started in Kevin's car(excuses here) and drove laps 1 & 2. On lap one we got high centered on a rock while in a turn in the crappy dust, and guessed 10 minutes of down time. Lap 2 I got a crappy flat & had jack trouble.. Kevin did great ! We had GPS tracking issues the entire race..
damn gps,s got you stuck on a rock. JK

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
excuses excuses.... ;)

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
yeah pat, why were you sah-hack-a-lackin so much?

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
Craig don't know how you could see to pass me, it was all I could do to stay out of the bushes. You passed me like I was standing still. But it was nice to see you parked in that big sand burm HA HA . For how fast you caught us I though that you were TJ lapping us all ready. The car works great, are you and Kevin going to race the South Point race? If so let's all enter in the same class.

Shoyrtt

Craig don't know how you could see to pass me, it was all I could do to stay out of the bushes. You passed me like I was standing still. But it was nice to see you parked in that big sand burm HA HA . For how fast you caught us I though that you were TJ lapping us all ready. The car works great, are you and Kevin going to race the South Point race? If so let's all enter in the same class.
We plan on being there too on 10-3. What class?

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
We plan on being there too on 10-3. What class?
Lets see if we can keep our numbers the same, just put all of the 3000 and MM $ in one pot and with it being in Vegas maybe throw a little side $$ in. Maybe we can get a few TL, Walter - you reading. (I don't think they can because the TL race is around the same time.) I will try to post my in car video to show the speed that the little under powered cars/trucks go. I think we finally got our combination down. On a side note, what did you think about the 9 and 5 1600 getting out of the way fast enough? I think some of them are pushing their luck with me not bumping them and taking too long to get the hell over. I have always said that I will never touch a little car but I think my attitude is changing. At the end of the race, I listen to everybody talk about how slow this class is and how much faster the 9 and 5 1600 are, but I may need to use my front bumper to prove them wrong. I have never done that before, but it may be time. I have in car camera of every mile I have raced and as you can attest, I try my best to get out of the way of others when I need to. I am getting tired of following them for miles, when I know they see me behind them. Not trying to start anything, the drivers that I am speaking of know what I mean. Now back to our regular scheduled program!! P.S. I would have liked to talk to you guys after the race but I didn't get back to our pit until 5:30 in the am.