302 in a ranger pics and input

kdm73091

my 4.0 is gettin tired so its time to put in the 5.0 thats just sitting in my garage:D. i am still debating on carbing or efi that its already set up for, its only got 70,000 miles on it and i dont know if i should do anything to it. my truck is my daily driver. ive been researching for pics of other peoples work but i just want to see what people on here have done. let me know what you got

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Here are a few pics from a conversion I did about five years ago. Engine went into a 1990 Ranger. Used the 1993 Mustang ECU and wiring harness from FRPP.

Engine and C-4

Installed in truck

Rear transmission mount

kdm73091

nicee, did you cut out the cross member below the oil pan for the beam mounts or did you leave it and buy a different pan? also did you deal with any of the smog stuff or did you take it out? how much was the wiring harness and computer? thanks

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
I used a Canton road race style oilpan which sat about an inch above the crossmember with the engine bolted in place. The motor was built to be smog legal and had all the emissions equipment installed.

If I re-call correctly, I paid around $1,000 for the Mass air sensor, new ECU, fuel injectors and three brand new harnesses (Main, Injector and Exhaust sensor package)

FRPP dropped the 1993 and older ECU and engine harnesses from their catalog in 2004.

Here are a few pictures of the engine, just a few days before it's first test drive.

Attachments

kdm73091

I used a Canton road race style oilpan which sat about an inch above the crossmember with the engine bolted in place. The motor was built to be smog legal and had all the emissions equipment installed.

If I re-call correctly, I paid around $1,000 for the Mass air sensor, new ECU, fuel injectors and three brand new harnesses (Main, Injector and Exhaust sensor package)

FRPP dropped the 1993 and older ECU and engine harnesses from their catalog in 2004.

Here are a few pictures of the engine, just a few days before it's first test drive.
looks good nice work... did you push the motor back at all?