35" tires

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
Who makes 35" UTV tires? I know Tensor has the class 10 tire. I looked at BFG's website and they only had 30" and 32" UTV tire. What are other options?

Fourstroker

Reaction
The BFG tire that some guys are running on the UTV's is the narrow 35(35x10.50) that some 10 cars still run

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
The BFG is a 35x 11.5 and 54 lbs. The Tensor is 35x10 and 45lbs

Edit: BFG has the KR2 that come in 35x10.5x15 and is 47.3lbs

BajaAddict

Reaction
The tensor's can take abuse, if's that's what you are worried about.

I wouldn't recommend 35's for your UTV though, unless you have upgraded rear hubs and an upgraded steering box.

PaulW

Reaction
2020 Can-Am Maverick X3 X RC Rock Crawl comes with 32"tires and are easily upfitted to 35s using BFG ko2 or km3s. These are not UTV tires. Yup, I see them on the trails.

sand shark

Reaction
35s on a UTV is asking for issues. The BFG UTV 32" measures taller, Mine on a 15x6 wheel are around 32.5". Tensor makes a 33" tire and ITP Coyote comes in a 33" I would be looking at the 33" tires.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
I've seen 37's on UTV's before, but so far everything 35" and up is a liability unless you do axle, hub, bearing, and clutch upgrades.

On the rocks it might not be as bad.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
This would be for a SpeedUTV, which is "supposedly" built to handle 35" tires.

sand shark

Reaction
With the Speed UTV I would still stick to the stock size tires and see how it holds up before throwing 35s on there. All the testing they have done thus far is on the stock tires size. I am not sure you want to be the test person to see how it handles 35s. Also you do not have the benefits of knowing what clutching set up works for 35s like you do with the Polaris or Can Am or the other brands. Messing with clutching can be a pain in the ass.

McCredie A

Reaction
With the Speed UTV I would still stick to the stock size tires and see how it holds up before throwing 35s on there. All the testing they have done thus far is on the stock tires size. I am not sure you want to be the test person to see how it handles 35s. Also you do not have the benefits of knowing what clutching set up works for 35s like you do with the Polaris or Can Am or the other brands. Messing with clutching can be a pain in the ass.

They are claiming to have tested 35's. I agree if there has been testing it was minimal. They say the clutch has a few settings which seem pretty easy to change. As for the tires it seems Tensor seems to be the lightest 35. The tensor 33 or super digger looks like nice options.

sand shark

Reaction
They are claiming to have tested 35's. I agree if there has been testing it was minimal. They say the clutch has a few settings which seem pretty easy to change. As for the tires it seems Tensor seems to be the lightest 35. The tensor 33 or super digger looks like nice options.

Tensor is a light tire for the size. I have seen the 33" Tensors in person and they are damn near close to the same size as the 35" Tensor. I am a big fan of the 32" BFG KM3 UTV tire. Good size, durable, good traction and steering is really easy with the crowned profile.

The Speed UTV still has a ways to go before it is released to the public. So maybe they will get more testing in with 35s. The clutch adjustments look cool.

McCredie A

Reaction
Tensor is a light tire for the size. I have seen the 33" Tensors in person and they are damn near close to the same size as the 35" Tensor. I am a big fan of the 32" BFG KM3 UTV tire. Good size, durable, good traction and steering is really easy with the crowned profile.

The Speed UTV still has a ways to go before it is released to the public. So maybe they will get more testing in with 35s. The clutch adjustments look cool.
Agreed. The 33's look great on an UTV. Hopefully they get more testing on 35's. I agree on it being a while. I do not seeing them having the extra time to test 35's. Hopefully I am wrong. Either way the cars look cool.

mebuildit

Reaction
BFG KM3's last longer than a Tensor. Had two cars we were monitoring and the Tensor's had to be changed after 500 miles. The KM3's lasted the entire rece.
Now all of our cars have KM3's, and don't regret it.

jorick

Reaction
Need to replace my UTV tires soon; that's why I'm currently checking the available options at 4wheelonline. I might choose the KM3 in 32" size.