• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic 360 camera reviews?

Zambo

Anybody here started using 360 degree cameras in your race car? I was thinking about getting one and wanted to know if anyone has advice on them. Price, image quality, user interface, editing capability, external mic and other features, battery life, etc. After a brief look around, the Rylo looks like an interesting option. I like how you can go into the 360 footage while editing, and pick out either stationary objects or even moving objects and have the editing software automatically frame that subject in a clip. Thanks again for any input.

steve0we

We are using HDX2 now and love it! It is GPS oriented and keeps track of G-force, gas, brake, etc. Live streaming of events is a option as well.

The 360 camera will be soon to add to our car as well. Memory on long races seems to be the issue. Thats why we went to race-keeper and get 30+ hours of recording!!!

HDX2 <-------- link to our setup

Zambo

We are using HDX2 now and love it! It is GPS oriented and keeps track of G-force, gas, brake, etc. Live streaming of events is a option as well.

The 360 camera will be soon to add to our car as well. Memory on long races seems to be the issue. Thats why we went to race-keeper and get 30+ hours of recording!!!

Ugh. Who is going to watch 30 hours of recording? To me the best setup is one where you can tag loops for saving and have the rest of the card just get overwritten.

steve0we

Ugh. Who is going to watch 30 hours of recording? To me the best setup is one where you can tag loops for saving and have the rest of the card just get overwritten.
Raced baja much? jajaja. It breaks everything down into smaller sections for you and also allows you to view areas of the racecourse based on GPS location.!

jowoog

$ 3000.00 bucks oh lord-e