4.3 headers

stoprez2006

Reaction
I have been looking all over the net looking for headers for my baja project and can't find what I am looking for. I am mounting the motor in the back of the car and would like headers that sweep upwards and rearward on the car. Has anyone seen these or am I looking at something custom? Thanks in advance!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Sounds custom to me.

Ryno

Reaction
Playtech will sell you pre-made headers for the 4.3. They are mainly buggy guys, but also have a c1 car. Last time I checked, they wanted about $500 for the set. Other than that....it's a custom deal. Tom Face in San Bernardino does some awesome work, and has made at least 10 sets for 4.3's.

If you want to tackle it yourself, you can buy the flanges off ebay or Summit, then get the box-o-pre bent tubing, and go to it!

dirtdriver85

Reaction
Talk to the guys at RPM in Escindido area. They just did a set for out 4.3. They did a great job and did it fast and not to much money.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Talk to the guys at RPM in Escindido area. They just did a set for out 4.3. They did a great job and did it fast and not to much money.
x2 on richards shop RPM in vista. Im thinking of going to him to build my 4.3L headers for my truck project if i make it that far

stoprez2006

Reaction
J.JOHNSON, you are sort of on the right track except I was thinking of somethng more like two mufflers attached one on each header pointing straight back. Something like the LSx headers on Kartek's site.

J.JOHNSON

Reaction
J.JOHNSON, you are sort of on the right track except I was thinking of somethng more like two mufflers attached one on each header pointing straight back. Something like the LSx headers on Kartek's site.
After some research, I found out that the 4.3 likes the single muffler. It helps with the torque. The muffler is an IMCO ( exact copy of a flowmaster for 1/2 the price). I made the headers myself. But do as you please.

Randy Monroe

Reaction

RPM did mine...
That looks like all Burns stuff.I don't think he wants to spend that kind of money.Those were probably from $1200 to $1500 depending on the extras.Like V-band clamps.

And the guy with the coated mild steel headers is correct about running single exhaust.Its more responsive, Makes more power and Tq and even sounds way better.

idealer

Reaction
That looks like all Burns stuff.I don't think he wants to spend that kind of money.Those were probably from $1200 to $1500 depending on the extras.Like V-band clamps.

And the guy with the coated mild steel headers is correct about running single exhaust.Its more responsive, Makes more power and Tq and even sounds way better.
Jack Burns is my 2nd uncle...