4.3L v6 igniton

steveG

Reaction
That distributor is for EFI applications.

Can't you use an HEI distributor?

Do you need the MSD ignition box? Keep it simple. Use a traditional ignition system... I bet it'll support any amount of power that engine will ever make (in this application) and be easier and cheaper to maintain.

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
That dist. will not work as it has no advance built in. It used computer control (ECM) for advance.

You want a Chevy V6 Even-Fire Pro-Billet Distributor Part No. 8597 if your using it for racing purposes as it does not have vacuum advance on this unit, only mechanical.

I'm not sure an HEI is available for the 4.3 as it had fuel injection from the factory every year made.

The MSD was helpful on my 4.3 once I got above 450hp.

HardCharger81

Reaction
Not trying to spam, but I have a non computer 4.3 HEI dist left over from a project if you interested. It brand-new, never been installed.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i don know anything about the ignition i just want good parts that wont (fingers crossed) leave me inthe middle of baja with no spark. any help is appriciated. is stock stuff thebest way to go since i will not have big power. We are hoping for 300 hp only

steveG

Reaction
The HEI stuff it nice because it's all contained in the distributor cap. You can carry all the parts, pre-assembled in one small box and bolt it on in minutes.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
the link you posted. for the HEI stuff what would I need to set up my iginiton system? jus tthe hei distributor, spark plug wires and the rev limiter thing?

steveG

Reaction
All you would need to add to the HEI distributor is plug wires. I don't know what options there are for rev limiters as I've never used one, but I'm sure there are plenty of options for that system.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
nice might have to look into it. they have a rev limiter on there sight. for the price i could buy 2 fairly easily