4 banger to v6

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
so who has done this? particulary to an s10 from the 2.2 L to the 4.3L. Does anyone know what the differences are in the v6 frame if any? im thinking i need more poines for this coming dez season and want to do the swap. what are the real pains in doing a bigger engine swap in general?

thanks,
Gregg

WFODAN

Hey Greg ,

I can still probably get my hands on the rolled Sanoma with the 4.3 at the shop if you are interested . I think that's the easiest way to get the job done with the two trucks side by side so nothing gets left out , and you have everything you will ever need smog wise . It is also a 5spd so that's a plus . Let me know and I'll find out about it .

FordFreak

From what I understand the engine that you are swapping in has to be the same year or newer than the one origionally in the truck. For example if the truck is a '94 then the engine swapped in must be '94 or newer. Of course all the other smog stuff applies as well. You also have to re-do the registration to show the new engine.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
I know about the same year or newer thing I need a 2000 or newer truck cause I still need it to be smog leagl.

Dan,

what year is that truck? i know that the red one that was there was a 2000 but i think the brown ones older. I remember what you and Cliff said so ill keep you guys in mind if theres a 2000 or newer s10 sitting there.

Gregg