4-Link kit --- ebay

Kbach66

Reaction
I ran across this on ebay and thought somebody here might be able to use this. Watching the Link101 thread, lots of people wanted to build thier own setup. This looks like it might be worth checking out????

Kbach66

Reaction
doh.....sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes.
Thanks K5, that's the one. I guess you wouldn't really call it a kit, but it's a start, and for someone with limited fab capabilities, it's a big start.

K5Blazer

Reaction
No problem.

One of the problems I can see with a Pre-fabed kit is that they may not be the right length for the app.

michael_loomis

Reaction
not anymore lol !!

curt

Reaction
A couple of things, are they thick enough to withstand the load? Maybe with some of Hoek's inner V-gusseting they might be ok. Also from popular opinion the shocks need to be an inch or so lower than the centerline of the heims and front bushings. Curt

VORRA Class 7

hoeker

Reaction
i patented that already. lol

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

hoeker

Reaction
did anybody email him to find out what material and thickness? it''ll be interesting to see what the reserve is. they look like a nice piece, if engineered well enough.

martininsocal

Reaction
Curt- you hit it on the head. There is a great picture at Kartek of what happens to shocks when they are mounted above the center line of the lower pivot...nice shafts! It actually amazes me how many folks failed geometry in school and build stuff!

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"how many folks failed geometry in school and build stuff" geometry is one thing, but that was a pure design error...a master of geometry that knows nothing about mechanical design could have made that mistake.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
Kris- I won't disagree that many folks who are masters of anything can have no commercial or practical aptitude, but some who works in planes and angle will most like see the deflection that can occur and understand the outcome with parts movement limitations. I like to emphasize the need to pay attention to subjects like geometry with my kids. My oldest son(13) actually understands maximum CV angle and what is required to increase wheel travel, etc... instead of thinking he just has to add longer shocks. Sure there are those who have the mechanical aptitude who didn't do well in school because of different factors, but don't throw out an education. (I know you don't because you are still being educated to higher levels all the time. Push the positive and look at the normals instead of the exceptions)

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

hoeker

Reaction
no sale, guess he's got a little more money into it than that! not suprising.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Thats great!

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

singlehanded

Reaction
he told me the kits he will sell for 200 bucks with bungs. Its made out of cold rolled 10 guage .130 with 10 guage overlays. Said he could also make them out of chromolly in any length.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight