• Forum membership has its advantages....

4 link suspension??

TrucksR4Girls

I have a 1993 Toyota, and I was considering doing 4 Link suspension, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it I would need to know. or would it just be easer to get new springs and new shock mounts in the back? I know it would be easier but whats the best way to go?

John Bitting

Administrator
Stick with Leaf spring. Unless you have a frontend with 17 ++ " travel the front will never keep up. Plus you will spend over $10k alone in the rear. Not worth it for your truck. Just my honest opinion. I want four link so bad on all my trucks but it is not worth it on a daily driver unless you are Dan Vance or soon to be Scott..

TrucksR4Girls

Alright thanx, yeah ill only be getting 13 in the front. Do you know anything about installing kits?

John Bitting

Administrator
I know how to install them but Camburg has always worked on my trucks. They do good work and have good prices, they are building my 4wd beams for my bronco.. with 13" travel in the front a nice set of Deavers and a good shock in the back would be the way to go. I should get about 15-16"" all the way around on my bronco stock width and that is with staying under the bed in the back and running Deavers. You could get more but an even amount of travel is where you want to be. No use having 17" front and 10" in the back.. Or vice versa..

gary

which front end kit are you going with? i did my own, on my toyota, so i know a little bit about the ATS kit....pretty much just all bolts right on. you have to get a little spacer welded to the top of each spindle, and i had to get a nice big stack of alignment shims from kragen so the wheels wouldn't have crazy positive camber, but the rest bolts right up. gotta get shock mounts welded on to the lower arms too, if it doesn't come with them...and a shock cage/hoops/something up front for some longer shocks.

TrucksR4Girls

Im getting the Total Chaos kit. And i know nothing about installing, but i have a lot of friends who do work on there own trucks...but is it cheaper to build everything your self like the a arms and shock mounts and all that? or would it be better to just buy a kit

robert_encinas

buy a kit. all the hard part is already done such as the geometry,fab,etc. most kits are a bolt on job with minor if any fab work needed.

vwguy

cheaper is to make your own but more time

if i were to design and make you some a arms it would be 2 months before it was finished on your truck

a kit with a little fab work will only take a week

but the price difference is good if you want to wait 2 months but that is serious savings

if i were to design and make and install a arms for you it would br like 2500 with coilovers
if you bought a kit it would be that plus shock money which would be another 1500

so 4000=kit
2500=make

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it