• Forum membership has its advantages....

4 seat turbo s

kdneo

Any rumors on if they will make and when there might be a release on a 4 seat rzr turbo s? I'm either going to buy a turbo s or build a xp1k turbo.

harleys dad

2 fire ext. recommended
I have no idea when but I built up a 18 Fox edition 4 seat turbo that I would take anyday over a turbo s, all 4130 4 plus arms rcv axles Magnum off road cage windshield Shock therapy springs and shock work rcv shafts and carrier bearings. All pivot points and shock mounts gusseted with 4130 and 4130 weld washers. My opinion the S is still a factory car with many weaknesses. I built mine to only put gas in it no matter where I want to go

Attachments

kdneo

People keep asking why I want to wait. I show them this pic, the turbo s and turbo sitting on the same trailer. Its a far bigger and stronger machine to start with.
turbo s.jpg
turbo s.jpg
turbo s.jpg

harleys dad

yes it is bigger but for the price for the S you can make a better stronger car out of a normal turbo. Yes the front diff is stronger on the S but frankly I have never had a problem with mine. I would rather have all the mods on my car than a factory S

breadkrum

I could not imagine spending over 25k for a 2 seat rzr! Unless it was for the can am. Why would polaris wait so long for the 4 seater S model?

NIKAL

The Turbo S is no better then the other Polaris RZR’s! Polaris was forced to do a “Stop Ride” Recall on the Turbo S. Even the dealers can’t sell them until Polaris finds a fix. The cage & cage mounts are failing causing the Stop Ride Recall. There have been a few roll overs where the cages have failed. Cage tubes have sheared off. Some claim it’s due to wall thickness being to thin, others have said it shears at the weld? Also read the added rear cage tubes mounted in the bed, only bolts to a angle type bracket that was added to the frame under the bed. Basically making that tube just for looks as that frame bracket just bends in a rollover.

The “Stop Ride” has been addressed, a new cage will be installed by dealers and Polaris is adding extra months to their factory warranty and $400 credit for Polaris accessories. The Turbo S shares plenty with the standard turbo/NA cars (cages/body work/ engine/transmission/ seats/ gas tank/ minor nick nacs). The suspension and front drive train has been built stronger and geometry changes made to increase travel from standard turbo 21” to the Turbo S 25”(without bottoming the chassis) along with making sit 72” wide. To say the standard models and the S model is the same is not true. To say it’s not worth it depends or the intended use. An east coast rider or some who has to have a narrow model car doesn’t fit the bill. Now a desert racer looking for a good base to start building or someone who pushes a car hard at the dunes, this is the RZR to have. The average Joe who cruises around the desert or adventure type riding probably not for them.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Robin Hood

The “Stop Ride” has been addressed, a new cage will be installed by dealers and Polaris is adding extra months to their factory warranty and $400 credit for Polaris accessories. The Turbo S shares plenty with the standard turbo/NA cars (cages/body work/ engine/transmission/ seats/ gas tank/ minor nick nacs). The suspension and front drive train has been built stronger and geometry changes made to increase travel from standard turbo 21” to the Turbo S 25”(without bottoming the chassis) along with making sit 72” wide. To say the standard models and the S model is the same is not true. To say it’s not worth it depends or the intended use. An east coast rider or some who has to have a narrow model car doesn’t fit the bill. Now a desert racer looking for a good base to start building or someone who pushes a car hard at the dunes, this is the RZR to have. The average Joe who cruises around the desert or adventure type riding probably not for them.

Like Harley’s Dad....Unless I had unlimited funds, I would buy the base XPT4 and add my own upgrades. The factory arms fall into the same category as the factory cage (need to be replaced).

What you are over looking is that a lot of us would still replace the cage, seats, belts, steering wheel, arms, axles, tires, etc. so what you are paying extra for is of less benefit and not worth it to a lot of people who want a car built this way.

Like Harley’s Dad....Unless I had unlimited funds, I would buy the base XPT4 and add my own upgrades. The factory arms fall into the same category as the factory cage (need to be replaced).

What you are over looking is that a lot of us would still replace the cage, seats, belts, steering wheel, arms, axles, tires, etc. so what you are paying extra for is of less benefit and not worth it to a lot of people who want a car built this way.
Seems as if my post was misunderstood. In my opinion you are correct for people that want to drive the car harder than the average person the Turbo S is a good base. Then upgrade just about everything else.

Most of the things are ok(less any factory cage junk) for the average Joe and there are a lot more joes out there than educated off-roaders.

I personally don’t care for the S model. Seems like a band aide. I just don’t understand why some people exaggerate the truth to fit their point of view.

Any car manufacture you buy will be ok for most people. Here’s my 17 XPT4 on 32” tires with 2,000 miles last year with zero breakdowns.
IMG_5003.jpg