4 stroke weedeater upside down?

sirhk100

Reaction
Hopefully the moderators will allow this post....

I'm going to build a gas powered blender and I've seen tons of them with the 2 stroke motors but none with the 4 stroke Ryobi motor. Has anyone? I'm cusious how the oiling system will work with it mounted on end? It actually has a oilpan and I'm worried that the pick up tube for the oil circulation won't work upside down. Anyways, I found a place here that has them cheap ($60) but I'm worried I'll burn it up mounting it on end. I'm sure it's not designed to run upside down. Anyone seen one used or have one? I know a 2 stroke will run upside down!!!!

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

Timberwlf

Reaction
Khris,

Blender as in make milk shakes blender?? Ive seen alot of [censored] in my life but never have I seen a gas powered blender....lol

Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck

sirhk100

Reaction
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Do a search for Gas powered blender. I"m looking at some right now and am blown away at the price people are selling them for. Some are close to $500. I think I can make mine with a new weed eater and a thrift store blender for $100.

Khris

sirhk100

Reaction
Exactly what I'm going to build. Only I'll buld my own stand and just get it powder coated at work.

Khris

Dave_G

Reaction
Check out www.Cabelas.com. They have a really nice one call the "Tailgator" for $299 but it is a two stroke not a four. Really nice though....

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
Chris Wilson has a blender on the front of his truck that is a starter motor. It works great and goes everywhere the truck goes. You don't have to worry about packing for the desert or forgetting it in the desert after you have been using it all night.

Attachments

• 24-29636-WilsonsBlender.jpg
    24-29636-WilsonsBlender.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 388

ntsqd

Reaction
What about a simple right angle drive ? Steal one from a Harbor Freight right angle drill or something.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

CaTeRpiLeR

Reaction
[censored] off [censored]..that is where i work!! Plus they are locked up...have fun stealing one. I can get u one cheap though!!!! For real though...that is where i work, and stealing [censored] from other ppls work that you know sucks khris. But, if you can get away with it...be my guessed. I would love to see it happen.

-Flatbillers 4 Life-

I phoned my dad totell him i stopped smoking---He called me a quitter!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Contact Ryobi about it. Speak to a design engineer or application engineer there and they should be able to tell you everything you want to know. As for the previous post...private message is for things like that.

Kris

JCA

Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

[censored] off [censored]..that is where i work!! Plus they are locked up...have fun stealing one. I can get u one cheap though!!!! For real though...that is where i work, and stealing [censored] from other ppls work that you know sucks khris. But, if you can get away with it...be my guessed. I would love to see it happen.

<hr></blockquote>

Go reread who posted that. It was not Khris!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

BradM

Reaction
I think you may have taken Thom's comment out of context. I believe he meant that Khris could buy a right angle drill from HF and then take the drill apart to use the right angle drive for this project.

If not, he deserves to take some [censored]

ntsqd

Reaction
" I believe he meant that Khris could buy a right angle drill from HF and then take the drill apart to use the right angle drive for this project. "

That's exactly what I meant. Steal it from the tool, not from a company.

TS

ntsqd

Reaction
Occurs to me that you don't need to talk to anyone about whether the angle drive will take the power you intend to put thru it. Convert the watts (volts * Amps) to horsepower (746 watts = 1HP) and you've got a rough idea of what the gears can handle.
Call the electric motor's conversion inefficiency part of the Safety Factor.

TS

sirhk100

Reaction
Hmm, never thought about the right angle drill as an adaptor. Interesting. Well, I picked up the weed eater tonight. I'll be hitting the thrift stores or swap meet for the blender top this weekend. We'll see what I can come up with....

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"Occurs to me that you don't need to talk to anyone about whether the angle drive will take the power you intend to put thru it. "

I was referring to contacting somebodyto see if the motor could be run upside down.

Kris

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
It never occured to me that a blender could stir up so much controversy. LMAO, those are pretty cool looking I must say........

Speed Safely

ntsqd

Reaction
Ah, I thot you were thinking about the right angle drive's torque rating. My mistake.

TS