40th BAJA 1000 SHORT FILM

drj777

Reaction
a couple years ago i was fortunate enough to get hooked up with the CHASE RACING FAMILY and offered to chase for them during the 40th in 2007. the entire trip far exceeded my expectations and ended up being one of the best things ive ever done in my life!
great race - great family - great friends!!:)

so, just for fun - i decided to bring along a couple cameras and shoot a little film for the team.

i actually finished the film in 2008 (complete with dvd box cover & grfx!!) but thanks to the complications of life, work and relationships - i only recently was able to post it up on my site (which itself is STILL under construction!) for the rest of the world to scrutinize.

i made the film on my own dime in my free time - and althoiugh i couldve made it a full length movie...i decided a 15 min short was more fun to watch...besides - nothing will top D2G...(and anyone who knows anything about editing knows, its never really done anyway!):p

i hope you enjoy it.

drj
:D

http://www.wuweidigital.com/http:__www.me.com_wuweidigital/Cinematography/Pages/2007_Baja_1000.html

PSS - BEWARE - THERE IS SOME SWEARING AND GROWN UP BUFFOONERY!!! (no nudity however)

rickf

Reaction
That's the best I've seen in a long, long time.
Great audio pics!
Great job with the editing!!!
I'd love to procure a copy!

drj777

Reaction
That's the best I've seen in a long, long time.
Great audio pics!
Great job with the editing!!!
I'd love to procure a copy!
thanks a bunch - i really appreciate that!:)

and since i 'borrowed' a lot of expensive music - they are not for sale...but that simply means you can have one for FREE!!:D

just send me an S.A.S.E. and i'll send it right back!

next chance i get i'll post a link to the gallery of stills too!

thanks again

drj
:cool:

bajabird

Reaction
nice video! great quality!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Can't view it for some reason. Showing a question mark on the Quicktime logo. I have Quicktime...hmmmmmm

drj777

Reaction
Can't view it for some reason. Showing a question mark on the Quicktime logo. I have Quicktime...hmmmmmm
you may have to upgrade your version of QT...

drj

drj777

Reaction
the CANON XH-A1 HDVcam...running @ 24fr.

i have yet to color correct it - but it still looks pretty good despite that.

drj

TheHoov

Reaction
Any other way of viewing it? I just downloaded quicktime and it still isnt working.. Can you put it on youtube?

Thanks HooV

drj777

Reaction
Any other way of viewing it? I just downloaded quicktime and it still isnt working.. Can you put it on youtube?

Thanks HooV
originally i was gonna do that...but youtube doesnt accept clips over 10min.

maybe try uprgrading your version of QT (just like everything else these days - its all about constantly upgrading)...sux.:eek:

drj

lemme know how it goes.

drj777

Reaction
a mean little camera. nice job.
thanks a lot!:D

drj

ps - i wouldnt mind doin' it for a living...but for now cinematography & photography are very expensive hobbies (however, i DO edit and color correct for a living)

zjohnson

Reaction
Just upgraded to the newest QT. Can't view it, can you put it up on youtube for us having problems.

Thanks

drj777

Reaction
Just upgraded to the newest QT. Can't view it, can you put it up on youtube for us having problems.

Thanks
will do - right after work!!

drj

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
youtube might not like your music choices. they are on me pretty hard. i can't post anything with licensed music. try vimeo if youtube doesn't cooperate.

drj777

Reaction
youtube might not like your music choices. they are on me pretty hard. i can't post anything with licensed music. try vimeo if youtube doesn't cooperate.
already did it!

im just waiting for VIMEO to give me the final thumbs up on the UPLOAD...i'll let y'all know as soon as that happens!

drj

s@ndm@n

Reaction
GREAT video! 2 fish tacos up!

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
If that doesn't make you want to head to Baja for the 1000, then I don't know what will!

Best thing posted on RDC in a long time!