450's running with 250's in SCORE

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
We did it, but so does everyone else. What do you guys think about trying to change the SCORE rules similar to what the AMA and other sanctioning bodies do. I think 450 4-strokes should run the OVER 250cc class ONLY and not allowed in the 250 and under.

Maybe even something similar to this (from 07):

Big AMA Rule Change: 250 Four-Strokes and 250 Two-Stroke to be combined
(11/28) (11/28/2007)
Big AMA Rule Change: 250 Four-Strokes and 250 Two-Stroke to be combined

According to MX Sports these are the Loretta Lynn rule changes:

The AMA Congress has eliminated handicapping for the previous 125cc/250F (Lites) classes. For 2008, all Lites machines will have a 250cc and under displacement--regardless of engine type (two-stroke or four-stroke). In addition, the previous 250 two-stroke/450 four-stroke class is now open to four-stroke and two-stroke engines from 122cc-Open cc. At the moment these rules apply to Amateur racing, not pro racing. These rules will be in effect at the 2008 Loretta Lynn race.
These rule changes might kill the 125 two-stroke at Loretta Lynn (although opening the door for big-bore 125s in the Modified clases), but it could save the 250cc two-stroke from extinction. The rule changes are design to lower the cost of racing, equalize the classes and keep the two-stroke viable as a start-up machine. All good causes.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
The Sportsman bike classes are screwed-up. Both classes are filled with 450cc bikes.
Second place in the "under" class in '08 B.500 (or '07, i forget) was a couple guys from Texas on a 250cc KTM. They got beat by a 450 and the Texas guys were pissed. They tried to protest but were told by SCORE they were using AM rules. Huh? So does that mean a 450 can be raced in the Lites class? (no fyi).

Want to help change things? WRITE a letter or email to score. Send it to all contacts on the score site. Just talking about it on the internet wont change anything. I've written a few to score over the past few years about this same subject and I don't even race Sportsman class, I just feel it needs a change.

IMO the 2 classes should be made more clear and not have consideration to 2-stroke or 4-stroke. 400cc and under and 401cc +. Simple. Anyone on a 250cc 4T who complains about getting beat by a 250 2T is a pansy AND it would be super cool to see more 2T bikes (but a rule like this probably wouldn't make people decide to race 2T).

calds650

Reaction
that would be nice but SCORE does not even fellow it own race rules. You ride here or cut course you will be DQ 1/4 to 1/2 due and none are DQ. been like that for years

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
told by SCORE they were using AM rules. Huh?
Oops, I meant to say AMA rules. Some reason I can't modify my post. Makes more sense now.

Stuckthrottle - I do not know anything about ATV cc rules so can't answer that one.
But Class 21 is 450cc and Class 22 is filled with 450cc. This B.500 had all 450cc in C.22 except for 1 xr650 and 1 KTM530 (both of which DNF).
So IMO it's pretty redundant.
Why have 2 classes with the exact same competitive bikes?

motoman29

Reaction
I feel sorry for all the guys in Spts > who are actually on under bikes, they are getting hosed. All of the 450's should be in <.

In Pro, 22 and 21 should be combined. I understood when 650's and 500's were around, but now it is redundant. IMO.

There was even a 450 in Class 20. what???:confused:

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I feel sorry for all the guys in Spts > who are actually on under bikes, they are getting hosed. All of the 450's should be in <.

In Pro, 22 and 21 should be combined. I understood when 650's and 500's were around, but now it is redundant. IMO.

Exactly! the first we raced (06) we didn't know better and raced a 250 4-st in the < class. We show up to the start line only to see our class is filled with 450s. Lesson learned, next time we show up with a 450. True, we probably should've entered the > class but why? the rules say we can run either. I think the rules should be changed to keep a level playing field, let the 250s duke it out with themselves and vice versa.

IFOL519

Reaction

When you say there was a 450 in class 20 do you know the number, I ask because we raced in class 20 and were third. 29 seconds behind 1st!!!!, I know Anna Cody was riding a 250 4stroke and the guys who finished 4th also were on a 250 4stroke so I would like to know if we were beaten by a 450.

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
CLASS 20 (125cc)—1. Hector Castillo, Calexico, Calif./Sergio Valenzuela, Tijuana, Mexico/David Gonzalez Jr., Chula Vista, Calif./Rene Angulo, Mexicali, Mexico, Honda CRF250X, 11:14:21 (38.48mph); 2. Jesus Rios, Calexico, Calif./Joel Leal, Mexicali, Mexico/Cuauhtemoc Beltran, Calexico, Calif./Edgar Espinoza, El Centro, Calif., Honda CRF250X, 11:14:22; 3. Manuel Reyes, Dulzura, Calif./Javier Ochoa, Tecate, Calif./Roberto Diaz, Campo, Calif./Ivanhoe Ochoa, Tecate, Calif., Yamaha YZF250, 11:14:50; 4. Marco Bernaldez, Ensenada, Mexico/Francisco Aldrette, Tecate, Mexico/Emanuel Verdugo, Ensenada, Mexico/Humberto Rivera, Chula Vista, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 11:15:22; 5. Anna Cody, Simi Valley, Calif./Talya Dodson, Truckee, Calif./Sarah Kritsch, Bakersfield, Calif., Honda CRF250X, 12:04:06;

IFOL519

Reaction
The guys who finished 4th were a 250, I know because the owner is a friend and I did see his bike before and after the race.
It was a relly tigh race we were second at borrego 20 minutes back but I think something hapened to the 1st place bike that allowed everyone to get back in it.
At ojos negros all 4 bikes came in together, pretty amazing after 400 miles.