4L80E transmission Rebuiling

FullsizeFun

RDC Crypto
Does anybody know of a good transmission shop in the LA/ South Bay area? The trans in my Dads dually just went out and I had a hard time with the shops I know of around here. Most of them dont want to touch the 4L80E trans.
Thanx
Dave

FABRICATOR

RDC Crypto
They aren't cheap but S&J Chevrolet can do them right. It should not be hard to find a shop, 75% of a 4L80e is T400.

matt_helton

Racer
RDC Crypto
Website
Visit site
hey, thats where i work. LOL. honestly i wouldnt go the rebuilding it route. you should purchase a SRTA. its the best and quickest way to go and it comes with a 3yr-50k mile warranty good at any bowtie dealer across the country. i just put one in my 2500 4wd about a year or so ago.

let me know, i can prolly get you one at my cost if you decide to go that route.

FABRICATOR

RDC Crypto
I send lots of big Allison transmissions to S&J. You're probably right on the 4L80e. I have one in my personal truck. When it fried I rebuilt it myself and put in a Trans-go kit and a bigger cooler, much improved. I had 98 Buick FWD that needed a transmission. To rebuild it was over $1000 dollars more at the dealer than an OEM factory exchange unit. And even though it cost less, the exchange unit had a much better warranty.