• Forum membership has its advantages....

*** 4x4 Class 1 ***

shifter

After all the testing we got to the race at Hyden. The week before we were still sorting some data issues on the truck over the phone and emails back and forth... tough to do but got it working enough to go. The day before it left the software change wiped the dash display.all zeros....

With all new things there is a learning curve. In all the testing it was wet or on the dyno and not much for sustained high speed running. Point and squirt, not much over 120 mph.

The prolog was disappointing but it was the first time running the truck in a race environment on a dry high speed track. Made some adjustments to the suspension and went on to the race.

The race got started and Colin felt much more comfortable and was pushing higher speeds when we encountered a new problem with the oil system in the trans = (converter slip). That made the engine hit max revs unloaded quickly knocking the belt off. They were a on a twisty part of the track and could not pull off right away so they kept going and cooked some of the water out. That went unnoticed. They put on a new belt and continued on...

And that is what happened at race 1.... Wish I had a better report.

Better next time.

pat W

70Y07A

Sorry to here for the team the bugs are always an issue with a new car next round is in june 10-13 finke desert race hopefully they can sort them out before then im keen to see them at the last round in october.

best of luck to the team.

the track look like a good one heres some footage from another team.

Last edited by a moderator:

shifter

2011 Finke #1 in 4x4 Extreme Class (CHECK)

Still got some bugs but they will be exterminated soon.

Thanks to Stewart and the boys for pulling the all-nighters to get her done!!!

Colin and Simon did a great job in the cockpit to bring here home in one piece and on top of the class.

pat W\m/

shifter

I am waiting for them to send post them on youtube. I will post them when I get it.

pat W

560bajamike

Looking forward to the video, it should be amazing.

Mike

shifter

Replacement String:
Here is one from last weekend!!

pat W

shifter

Replacement String:
Does not want to stick..

pat W

shifter

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gsXWBob8FMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pat W

560bajamike

Replacement String: This might work.

Mike

560bajamike

Replacement String:
X2

560bajamike

Trying to copy and paste but not working.

Mike

560bajamike

Funny thing is I was thinking about this thread about a week or so ago. Great to see it running hard, to bad all of the really cool stuff is all covered up. ;-)

Mike

f1sleepy

I don't think this was ever answered, but what was the reasoning for the bolt on lower shock tabs? I can't figure it out and it's bugging me LOL!

KiwiMike

I don't think this was ever answered, but what was the reasoning for the bolt on lower shock tabs? I can't figure it out and it's bugging me LOL!
fisleepy, The lower shock tabs are on a different truck. If you really want that question answered you might need to send a pm to the person who posted those Pic's.

As far as the extreme Motorsports truck goes, Love it. very clean and looks very well built. Congrats to all involved, Hope you guys get the results in 2012. Thanks for posting the Video Pat.

Mike

70Y07A

i had the chance to see this on that particular day, infact i got a close look in my mirror when they caught up to me really quick.

goes awesome and well done to everyone hopefully they have a successfull 2012.