5.0 mass air ecu

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
got mine on ebay

manicmechanic

Reaction
Part#?, was the HO designation a difference in the engine as well as the ECU. Early days for fords multi point injection.

gcddarren

Reaction
we have a Granatelli mass air for 19lbs injectors. 3 and 1/2 inch intake. sell it for 100 bucks

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
You are probably going to be hard pressed to find an ECU for an 1986 outside of a junkyard. What vehicle is this for? If you are doing a conversion, it would be far better to switch to a mass air system instead the speed density EFI.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Part#?, was the HO designation a difference in the engine as well as the ECU. Early days for fords multi point injection.
In 1985, Ford installed a roller cam into the 5.0L Mustangs and used the H.O. designation to delineate the engines from those still used in the trucksequipped with hydraulic cam tappets. After 1986, all 5.0L engines can be considered an H.O.

orangecrush92

Reaction
In 1985, Ford installed a roller cam into the 5.0L Mustangs and used the H.O. designation to delineate the engines from those still used in the trucksequipped with hydraulic cam tappets. After 1986, all 5.0L engines can be considered an H.O.
Yes it is a HO motor. I found a complete system ecu wide band o2 and harness from accel. It's a little costly but I want to do it right the first time. The motor is going into a 92 I-beam ranger. Linked and completely caged.

manicmechanic

Reaction
Thanks, I seem to remember ford has a long history with the HO designation seems like the old 289s some had slightly bigger valves or possibly just a four barrel instead of 2 to become HO.
BTW did ford have speed density setups that had a MAF sensor anyway ?
Not to hijack the thread but I worry about sht like this!!!!!! Thanks.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
From 1963 to 68, a version of the 289 was referred to as the "Hi-Po" which was equipped with improved cylinder heads and a four barrel carb.

The Speed Density system uses a sensor mounted to the engine to measure the air pressure inside the intake manifold, the Mass Air sensor mounts between the air filter box and the throttle body and measures the air flowing into the motor.

manicmechanic

Reaction
From 1963 to 68, a version of the 289 was referred to as the "Hi-Po" which was equipped with improved cylinder heads and a four barrel carb.
Ahh there it is, "Hi Po" now I remember the excitment of dicovering one in a fairlane station wagon. Thanks. Tony T is right!