5/1600 Baja 500 Results and Another Racer Gets Shafted!

Tipracer

Reaction
Tommy, I understand your frustration...but IF you were following Nunez wouldn’t you have stayed on the same lines as he was taking???? That would have penalized you both...Now as was stated before, Angulo was seen speeding (allegedly) and the tracker result appears to confirm this (even with out the missing or insufficient data). I would blow a gasket if I got to the finish line in first and three weeks later the sanctioning body penalized me for something I did not do…I think that nunez is one hell of a driver and I do believe that he runs a honest ship most of the time(minor transgression for san Vicente)…If Angulo knew he was down on time, theoretically he could have put a little time on nunez by speeding on the highway(I think the differential would have been about 20 miles an hour). But the resulting no data cost him an amazing two and a half hour penalty. My understanding of the IRC tracker is if you unplug the antenna (or shield it in some way) you would not get any tracking info....The question here is why is there no explanation from IRC or SCORE on what might have possibly gone wrong. If someone lost/got penalized because of an IRC equipment malfunction then things need to really be looked into (like 604). If you got caught speeding or trying to cover you tracks…well you got caught...

TCRAFT

Reaction
Tommy, I understand your frustration...but IF you were following Nunez wouldn’t you have stayed on the same lines as he was taking???? That would have penalized you both...Now as was stated before, Angulo was seen speeding (allegedly) and the tracker result appears to confirm this (even with out the missing or insufficient data). I would blow a gasket if I got to the finish line in first and three weeks later the sanctioning body penalized me for something I did not do…I think that nunez is one hell of a driver and I do believe that he runs a honest ship most of the time(minor transgression for san Vicente)…If Angulo knew he was down on time, theoretically he could have put a little time on nunez by speeding on the highway(I think the differential would have been about 20 miles an hour). But the resulting no data cost him an amazing two and a half hour penalty. My understanding of the IRC tracker is if you unplug the antenna (or shield it in some way) you would not get any tracking info....The question here is why is there no explanation from IRC or SCORE on what might have possibly gone wrong. If someone lost/got penalized because of an IRC equipment malfunction then things need to really be looked into (like 604). If you got caught speeding or trying to cover you tracks…well you got caught...

If you were talking to me I agree with you. Thanks but just curious what the heck are they gonna do with the plaques the guys got for first second ETC.... do they have to turn them in????

Craft Motorsports
Fines Double Racing

NIKAL

Reaction
If you were talking to me I agree with you. Thanks but just curious what the heck are they gonna do with the plaques the guys got for first second ETC.... do they have to turn them in????

Craft Motorsports
Fines Double Racing

If it was me I would have cashed the check, thrown the plaque in the pile with the others, and told Score to figure out how to pay whoever they now say is the new winner! If Score was dumb enough to hand out checks and plaques knowing they would be reviewing IRC trackers two plus weeks after the race, then Score can eat the cost and cut more checks and order more plaques.

MALABANAN

Reaction
More fake trophies! I can hear it now! " This one is from 2005, we ran on the highway and didn't get caught, this one is from 2009, oh crap, we got caught, oh well!!!"

bajabird

Reaction
Shafted???????????? oh make me laugh my r'sss off. Follow the rules. History of past baja races would be so very different IF the rules were enforced.
Let rule be written for all to follow, and then don't follow the cheaters.

rickf

Reaction
I think the contention is getting penalized for no data.
Unless SCORE can prove that it is the racer's fault (tampering, etc.) there is no data, I'm not sure how you can justify a penalty.
Other than the severity, I don't think reasonable people are disputing penalties for defined transgressions.
I'm sure eventually we'll hear "The rest of the story."

Zambo

Reaction
Listen up hard heads!!!! Nobody got shafted for taking a course deviation. Nobody got shafted for speeding. Nobody got shafted for pit infractions.
They got SHAFTED because the damn box DID NOT WORK. Get it????

I applaud SCORE for cracking down on cheating, but this is just wrong.