5-1600 in BITD

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
Just read through the BITD rulebook. I have heard that many of today's cars cannot make it through tech to race. It looks like our car would make it though. What exactly is different in BITD's rulebook than SCORE's in relation to 5-1600's?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
I think it has something to do with Power Steering, ask Pat Dailey about it, I think he looked into it... Also if you were interested in racing a BITD race give Casey or BITD a call and I am sure their would be no problems...

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
it said on the rules power steering is allowed as long as no other rules are broken... but heck ya parker, tt, v2r that would be a fun series... time to update the rules!!!

PLS

Reaction
Back in 2001, we were the only 5-1600 to run V2R. Casey and his people didn't think we would be able to finish the course that year. Even though the sun was coming up when we crossed the finish line, we made it. Would have been nice to see more cars in the class back then. You kids these days with your power steering!

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
Back in 2001, we were the only 5-1600 to run V2R. Casey and his people didn't think we would be able to finish the course that year. Even though the sun was coming up when we crossed the finish line, we made it. Would have been nice to see more cars in the class back then. You kids these days with your power steering!

haha we are spoiled aren't we! but i would love to be able to race 5-1600 in BITD if the rules were updated i know alot of others would come along as well

Fourstroker

Reaction
I'm sure Casey would be willing to update the rules to match SCORE and everyone else. He just has no reason to if no cars are at the races. I think there was one at parker and TT250 this year

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
maybe we need to show some interest and give him a list of people who would show up to a race if the rules were updated? more entries for him is a plus i am sure

Frontier 4 Baja

Reaction
I'm sure Casey would be willing to update the rules to match SCORE and everyone else. He just has no reason to if no cars are at the races. I think there was one at parker and TT250 this year

Exactly. BITD even lowered the entry fee for 5-1600's about 5 years back, and still no one went. The last time anyone raced 5-1600 in BITD was the race in Mexico (2003 Baja Mex 300) I raced the 2002 BITD Baja Mex 300 and there were only 5 cars :(

Cody, go race the CODE Jacume race at the end of the month. There will be plenty of cars, about 25-30 cars will be there for the CEC 5-1600 Championship.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
BITD races are awesome but they are based around truck classes... most of the courses that i have raced with BITD have favored the truck classes but still fun non the less... i would luv to race against 20+ 1600 cars with BITD but they just dont get the limited buggy classes out there very often... it will take time to get the BUGGY DORK #'s up with BITD but it will happen...

BITD knows how to take care of their racers thats for sure...

Ryan_P

Reaction
BITD races are awesome but they are based around truck classes... most of the courses that i have raced with BITD have favored the truck classes but still fun non the less... i would luv to race against 20+ 1600 cars with BITD but they just dont get the limited buggy classes out there very often... it will take time to get the BUGGY DORK #'s up with BITD but it will happen...

Where have you been lately? BITD has had a strong field of competitors in 1600 for the last couple of years.

Fourstroker

Reaction

Where have you been lately? BITD has had a strong field of competitors in 1600 for the last couple of years.

Come on Mike. There were 21-10's, 26-12's and 22-16's at Parker this year alone

TCRAFT

Reaction
I'm in for 2010 if they allow us to race....not this year though re-building the car.:)

Reaction
it said on the rules power steering is allowed as long as no other rules are broken... but heck ya parker, tt, v2r that would be a fun series... time to update the rules!!!
BITD and SCORE Rules as they relate to Power Steering and Pan Head modification are the same. Nothing needs to be updated. Everyone just needs to conform to the rules and "just stay on the course".

NIKAL

Reaction
Exactly. BITD even lowered the entry fee for 5-1600's about 5 years back, and still no one went.
Exactly! Rob Plunket was running the Baja Coalition and I was racing in BITD class 10 that year. I had mentioned to Rob that I thought more 5/1600 guys might sign up if they ran more races then just the short small races that they had been running. And BITD was so well run I thought the 5/1600 guys would really like it, I know I was. I talked with Casey and he made a very nice offer to the 5/1600 guys if they wanted to run a BITD race. If I remember right BITD was going to let the 5/1600 Coalition race for sportsman fee's plus give them awards and add some money to the end of year Baja Coalition purse. I believe the next year the Rob Plunket's Baja Coalition added the Parker 425 and only 3 or 4 cars showed up. From what I was told some felt the entry fee's were still to high and they did not want to travel that far?

Also Casey said that he would adjust the class rules how ever the majority or at the time the Coalition would like to have them. If their was enough interest in racing BITD I'm sure like it has been mentioned earlier that Casey would adjust or update the rules.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

Come on Mike. There were 21-10's, 26-12's and 22-16's at Parker this year alone

true guess i havent been around BITD n a while and i havent raced in 3 years.... no $!!! but i will b there begining of next year...

have those #'s been consistent all year so far???

Deenracing

Reaction
Exactly! Rob Plunket was running the Baja Coalition and I was racing in BITD class 10 that year. I had mentioned to Rob that I thought more 5/1600 guys might sign up if they ran more races then just the short small races that they had been running. And BITD was so well run I thought the 5/1600 guys would really like it, I know I was. I talked with Casey and he made a very nice offer to the 5/1600 guys if they wanted to run a BITD race. If I remember right BITD was going to let the 5/1600 Coalition race for sportsman fee's plus give them awards and add some money to the end of year Baja Coalition purse. I believe the next year the Rob Plunket's Baja Coalition added the Parker 425 and only 3 or 4 cars showed up. From what I was told some felt the entry fee's were still to high and they did not want to travel that far?

Also Casey said that he would adjust the class rules how ever the majority or at the time the Coalition would like to have them. If their was enough interest in racing BITD I'm sure like it has been mentioned earlier that Casey would adjust or update the rules.

I raced and won that race when Ron was promoting the coalition. There were more like 10 cars. I thought the price was cheep and we would have done more races but were going for the coalition championship. One of the best races I have ever done. The entry fee was cheep, like 450 if I remember right. Casey marks the best courses. He even puts signs up how severe the corner is! I asked the same question 4 years ago and all I got was a lot of himmms and haaaaas about doing those races. It would have been nice to do more of those races.

Big Fish

Reaction
Just read through the BITD rulebook. I have heard that many of today's cars cannot make it through tech to race. It looks like our car would make it though. What exactly is different in BITD's rulebook than SCORE's in relation to 5-1600's?

We have been racing in the 5100 class in BITD this year. At the begining of the year we got on the phone with Casey and he told us the 5100 class rules were the same as 5-1600 rules used in the other series (SCORE, MORE, ETC.). Casey would love for more 5-1600's to race BITD, if you have any concerns about your car just give him a call he should be willing to work with you. Casey puts on great races. However after no one else entered the Terribles 250 in our class we had to reconcider that we were running in the wrong series. You are not racing if your the only one there. As for now we are going to race MORE, good compitition. Not to mention that I cannot afford the
V2R entry fee at this time. If you race V2R and need help let me know. If you can get more 5-1600 cars to race BITD let me know.

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
well it sounds like i heard wrong because i was told the rules weren't what everyone's 5-1600's are today but that's good to know. sounds like its a matter of getting cars up there