• Forum membership has its advantages....

5/1600

vorra65

I need some input from the 5/1600 crowd. Whats the going rate for a good core busbox with the 4.86 r/p?What I mean by good core- pristine german r/p all stock gears.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Offspring

Can't help you with this but just a note to let you know I went to your site and that is one clean car! Your site is very interesting, looking at the steps you took to build it. I went to check it out again but I could not get to the "project" part of your page, will it be back? I am getting ideas for that far off day when I can build my own.

George

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
You'll have trouble finding one with that r/p combo. i believe they came stock with something like 5.03. anyway, a 091(three rib) will run you about 300-400, a 002(five rib) about 600-800. the 002 is a bit stronger and most popular with racers. we run a 091 in our 5/1600 with good success, but we service it every 400-500 miles. hope this helped.
jsl - #571

frankh

I think you got that backwards. the gears are wider on the 091 so it is a little bit stronger then the 002.

Frank

vorra65

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, the page should be happening. I just went there, and everything appeared to be in order.

vorra65

Thanks, I guess I should have been a little clearer. Iv'e got 1) 002 with 4.86 r/p and 3) 002's with the 5.38 r/p. I want to sell these transmissions, but don't want to rip anybody off or get ripped off. I too have a 4.57 that I want to have built for my 5/1600. All the transmission's are low mile clean r/p's. If anybody's interested?

Thanks