5.7 hemi

Nino Ficara

Reaction
I have a little bit with the research I’ve done building my Gen III 5.7. Whatcha got?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
I have a 2007 5.7 I got out of a ram 1500. I bought a 6.1 intake manifold, and I’m very tight for room for my air cleaner so I’d like to reverse it and install the air cleaner towards the inside of the cab. Do you know if that manifold can be reversed everything looks symmetrical on it

j0m0t0

Reaction
It will fit backwards but your not gaining very much if anything if you haven’t port matched your old 5.7 heads or swapped to the 6.1 heads. You have to hack your harness and relocate your sensors and throttle. Also reported that it wreaks havoc on a stock pcm and requires retuning before any gains are seen.

General consensus of internet research says the juice isn’t worth the squeeze unless you plan to have forced induction or spray with a 6.1 intake swap.

Go for stroke! 345 to 392

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Nino Ficara

Reaction
It will fit backwards but your not gaining very much if anything if you haven’t port matched your old 5.7 heads or swapped to the 6.1 heads. You have to hack your harness and relocate your sensors and throttle. Also reported that it wreaks havoc on a stock pcm and requires retuning before any gains are seen.

General consensus of internet research says the juice isn’t worth the squeeze unless you plan to have forced induction or spray with a 6.1 intake swap.

Go for stroke! 345 to 392

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
Thank you for all the info my thoughts were on getting aftermarket heads from Arrington performance. And I’m going with the Motec ECU

Bert is my name

Reaction
If this engine has cylinder deactivation pull the solenoids and install a plug kit. These things leak and will cause low oil pressure. I have seen more than one engine fail due to this garbage.