5 Point question

schafer

Reaction
Ok, I am getting some seats and 5pts and have a question, i dont have a cage and the belts are not going to reach to the floor, what would you do? I have an Extra cab tacoma.

I thought i heard at one time someone say use limit straps as an extension, but i figured you guys would know what is the right way (minus a cage)

frankh

Reaction
I would do somthing so you can tie them higher up. If you tie them that low when you hit somthing the whole seat will just fold over and the belts will not help you any.

1992f150

Reaction
It seems to me without a cage your chest is stuck in position in a rollover, so it could be less safe than normal belts. The roof caves in and your neck can only give so much...
The mounting of the belts is a big factor in how effective they are. You dont want to mount the shoulder belts to the floor. You'd be better off making some kind of well anchored tube that goes across your back to attach them to.

This site is down at the momment but it details with diagrams how you should mount your harness:
http://www.extremebuggies.com/pitlane/00050.asp

I'm sure you could find the information from any belt manufacturer too.

Edit
http://www.crowenterprizes.com/Crow%20Enterprizes/installation%20tips%20file/installation.html

VisualizeF150

Reaction
I Have the same question but was wondering if it is possible at all to drill a hole in the back of the cab say a couple inches lower than the top of the seat, so the belts are angled down a little, and put a bolt with an eye at the end and bolt the harnesses to that???

UndercoverFab

Reaction
do you really want to trust your lfie to some thin sheetmetal?
i`d stick with stock belts for now the mounting locations are pretty dam strong.

VisualizeF150

Reaction
Trust me i am for sure sticking with the stock mounting points but my friend did that on his ranger. He doesnt do to the desert that much and doesnt get crazy so it shouldnt be a big deal.

ntsqd

Reaction
Kris, Most of the tech sheets & rules I've seen say max of 15*-20* down from prependicular to the driver's back, not from verticle.