5 race series reduced by 20%

mgobaja

Reaction
So how are contracts involving sponsorship written typically ? If your sponsoring a series that was advertising 5 races, and 1 race was canceled with substantial notice should you be expecting a refund of your sponsorship package you gave the promoter ?

J Prich

Reaction
Yes or no, THIS to me is the big picture about races being cancelled. Once the decision is made all the speculation about why it happened, what "could" replace it etc is fun but meaningless. From a business standpoint I'd think there are probably teams that sold a season package to sponsors and now by no fault of their own have to default on some part of that deal.

Jimmy8

Reaction
The trickle down effect from this is substantial.

I know my contracts for desert racing state I must run certain races, and if one of those races are missed I must make the event up at another mutually determined race. Same goes for advertising contracts regarding my radio show. If I was to take a week off, I'd have to make that show up to advertisers by either doubling their commercial inventory and exposure on another episode, or refunding them the money.

My guess is a lot of SCORE sponsors pay quarterly or semi annually, so there will be deductions on forthcoming payments, and in the case of the racers that are contracted for that event, they'll make it up at a BITD race in 2016 sometime.

Just my 2 cents...