5 yr old son helmet cam

sjb7272

Here is a video of my 5 yr old son on his 2006 KFX 50 quad, he has been riding since 3 years old. He wants to jump so we built him a little dirt jump and it didnt work out so well as you will see at about 3:10 or so. I think he has the fundamentals of riding just not so sure of the jumping yet. Let me know what you think. Enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72990aOuzIY"]YouTube - PICT0002[/ame]

Racer21(Roberto)

that's so cool! He got right up after he fell. He's very fast through the silt. awesome

I wish i had a helmet cam when i was that little. would have seen me fly through a lot of bushes.

sjb7272

that's so cool! He got right up after he fell. He's very fast through the silt. awesome

I wish i had a helmet cam when i was that little. would have seen me fly through a lot of bushes.
Thanks, he is pretty tough when it comes to riding which is a good thing, I'm thinking about upgrading his quad but I don't think he is quite ready for a 90. I've had a few people tell me he's a natural when it comes to riding, should be awesome when he gets older.

sjb7272

Thanks for the info I will definately check them out, he actually wants a dirt bike so I may be looking at a CRF 50, I can get one on Craigslist for 600 all day long.

BGRANT

Just sold one of those too. Still have one left. PW50s are a nice starter bike too. They can get the fundamentals down without worrying about shifting. You can never go wrong with a CRF/XR 50 though. Definately plenty of them around.

sjb7272

What a STUD. The next RC.
Haha thanks man, I could only hope. His idol is actually Pastrana, he wants to do a back flip but I have to keep telling him no, wait until you get older to do the back flip. I messed up and told him that Monster will make you do back flips because he sees them on TV drinking them, so now he wants one every time we go to the store.

amr126

Classic! You gotta love a young gun's no fear mentality. He's looking really good; he's already past the bobble head stage that 95% of 5 year olds have.

m80ondirt

Guess you arent planning on growing grass in your yard anytime soon, huh?? What a crazy obstacle course he has!!

sjb7272

Guess you arent planning on growing grass in your yard anytime soon, huh?? What a crazy obstacle course he has!!
jajaja, usually the vehicles aren't in there, but they just happened to be that day. The yard is usually pretty open for him to ride and he makes his own little track.

Astrnaughtwanabe

haha thats awesome! how he actually goes back to the other side of the house before another jump is beyond me. i would have been doing small circles around the jump all day long. guess that means you might have a well rounded rider that can race dezert and mx and even freestyle from the sound of things! good job on getting him started young.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
I think teaching them to stop is pretty important. I always would set cones and and teach brake modulation from differant speeds, standing, sitting, front/rear/both brake. loose and hard pack ground ect. You can incorperate the cones into your track to make part of his daily ride and not so much a lesson.
I'd probably shut the tailgate on that S-10 too!

+10 on LT80's, they're bullet proof.

sjb7272

I think teaching them to stop is pretty important. I always would set cones and and teach brake modulation from differant speeds, standing, sitting, front/rear/both brake. loose and hard pack ground ect. You can incorperate the cones into your track to make part of his daily ride and not so much a lesson.
I'd probably shut the tailgate on that S-10 too!

+10 on LT80's, they're bullet proof.
Yeah I did the whole stopping deal with him when he ran into a gate and then the tire on the trailer, but that was about a year ago, he seems comfortable when he is where he knows where he is going but its a new place that scares me, because he just wants to go fast and I'm not sure how well he is at reading the terrain or the trail. I know its only a 50CC quad but with only about 30 LBS on it, it scoots.

brake4nobody

aside from the quad scene, you also cant go wrong stepping up to a ktm50 and save yourself another $500-1000 in the next year. theyre very well rounded bikes and have some speed for sure. hes gonna get to that age where riding gear goes as quick as junk food on the dinner table cause hes going to grow so much-so quick. ktm50 wouldnt be a bad option, but just my opinion.