$500 race to Mikes, need info!

D4D

Reaction
One night in AZ following the Lucas race this weekend something came up I heard never heard about before. Apparently there is an informal type of race that happens each year up to Mike's. What I was told is everyone buys a vehicle for $500 and the first one there wins. Does this still go on and where can I get details?

1BAJA03

Reaction
This is very true.... great way to donate a car or truck to the people also. After the race you leave the car in Valle T. Do a search baja$500race. Lots of fun and great rules to the race. Every checkpoint switch drivers drink a favorite beverage then off to the next check.

D4D

Reaction
Your on my team Kartman, the fat, bald guys that piss people off team :)

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Your on my team Kartman, the fat, bald guys that piss people off team :)
I am humored by that! bwahahaha... I have never heard of this and I had to search it ... Looks like fun!~

JON-E

Reaction
Deano, break out the amphibious. No worries getting across the stream.

John

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Count me In i have a POS 2004 ford crew cab with the 6.0 powerstroke that I can loose for a good cause IF THE DAM THING WILL START.

fordnut

Reaction
That sounds awesome!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I think that their would be a bunch of broken down cars littered on the roads to Mikes LMFAO!!!

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
I think that their would be a bunch of broken down cars littered on the roads to Mikes LMFAO!!!
The locals would have a field day snagging parts!

1BAJA03

Reaction
Hint front wheel drive cars with hatchback work really great in this race. Reason being access to cooler and front wheel drive goes everywhere and weight.... Datsun B210. I know my nephew raced this race once and had a blast. I'll try and have him post some photo's.

D4D

Reaction
I con not find anything or anyone that has any details about this happening since 2007. I do not want to hijack anyone's gig but I think if there is really enough interest for something like this that I can make it happen. I am thinking about the weekend before the 1000 since everyone will be in town already. Who is REALLY interested?

Brain171

Reaction
I have the old web page saved in my bookmarks but, the page does not exist any longer.

Cadillac Eldorado is my destruction vehicle of choice