50's in San Felipe

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
50\'s in San Felipe

Anyone taking 50's in the back of a truck? Should people be nervous about getting jacked for them? Should we haul them in an enclosed trailer? What are peoples thoughts?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Re: 50\'s in San Felipe

My friends took theirs last year. They just put them in the back of a truck like normal and then they rode around with a big bike lock and locked them up if they went in somewhere.....You can ride them on the streets with no problems from the cops.

My friends had no problems, But I would still be kinda skeched about just locking them up outside a club....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

evan_clanin

Reaction

keep them in the hotel rooms, haha, a enclosed trailer u think would draw more attention cuz they dont know whats in it, so there ogn find out, they see a 50 is locked up they might not jack it

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

frankh

Reaction

John
make sure you have an original registration , because if you get the red light they will not let you bring it in. Last year prerunning for the 1000 I only had a foto copy of the bronco and they were not going to let me cross. It took a little trading of gifts to get in.

wannaberacer

Reaction

I would not worry about the 50s a bike lock would be perfect, i leave my bikes in my yard in san felipe un chained all the time but i do chain them up most of the time

But as far as riding on the roads yea they cops can care less AS LONG AS U HAVE A HELMET wear a helmet if you dont want to get hasled by the cops even though everyone knows that this will just result in having to pay a little cash to them.... and this is also true about the registration i always bring that and my pink just to avoid any hassel

BTW where is everyone planning one watching the race??

I wanna race....

MikeLeung

Reaction

Hey Frank...sounds like you got taken by the Federalies. I've only used foto copies for years and never been hassled. Sometimes, someone forgets to bring a copy, so I had my assistant print up some bogus, but offical looking letters that she notorized. We keep extras in all the vehicles, in case they ask. It usually does the trick, but I have had to pay the Mexican "tax" on certain occassions.

JBO

Reaction

If you ride them on the street, where some sort of helmet...even a bicylce helmet, it doesn't matter. Most of the year people get away with no helmets, wheelies in the streets, whatever...but during spring break they bust everyone with no helmet for $50 a pop...we got stopped, no ticket but it took about 15 min. of BS'n with the cop in espanol the best we could to get out of it...

Littlenutts

Reaction

Kurt and I are bringin our 50's....TO the bar!!!!!!!!!

When I shine I am going to blind the world.