#Mike@PlanB
RDC Crypto
It's that common core math.

20+11=31 winners

31 winners = 50th Mint400

"Nobody cares about some hokey race in Nevada."

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Fake news makes LOTS of money. If I was BITD I would at least say no crap about the Mint until the Parker 425 is over. LMAO I actually hope Mad Media makes huge but just off the public, Not the racers and companies that support racers.

mgobaja

RDC Crypto
One of the problems is that the entire " 50th " deal is miss leading and FALSE. Another problem is th
Fake news makes LOTS of money. If I was BITD I would at least say no crap about the Mint until the Parker 425 is over. LMAO I actually hope Mad Media makes huge but just off the public, Not the racers and companies that support racers.

Excellent point. Charge $100 to spectators, and use the $$ to reduce fees for racers. Or make it less expensive for contingency companies to attend.

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
50th anniversary of a big historical race......take it easy internet warriors

They are promoting our sport and you guys are stuck on the couch complaining......kudos to Mad Media and the Marteli family plus SNORE who brought it back and all who created the original.

The Steele family has a long history with the Mint and we respect the legacy and the efforts to promote it.

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
and
How come no one ever argues that it doesn't count unless it's run to Beatty and back? I mean, that's the ORIGINAL Mint 400 right? Am I wrong in my understanding of history...that the first actual Mint race in 1968 ran towards Beatty and back?

Why do people claim that it's only the "real" Mint if it's a North Vegas course, in spite of the fact that the first race was actually to Beatty and back, and in spite of the fact that the original Mint was run numerous times in Sloan/Jean, like it is now?

I get the notion (and even agree) that the 'best" Mints were the ones on the North Vegas course, but it doesn't make sense to act like that's the only course that makes the Mint "real".
It has zero to do with location, The Mint hotel is who promoted and put on the real Mint 400, the Mint no longer exist making this a race in name only and in my opinion not much like the genuine Mint 400. Paying to park and all the other cash payments to this event were never in the genuine Mints play book.They wanted you to take place in their race, the entry fee was 500 bucks period they made room for everyone I raced the genuine Mint from 1976 till the last in 88 I believe then it became the Nevada 400 for several years using the exact same course as the Mint never using any Mint language in its promotion. This is not a swipe at anyone as Joshua Martelli helped me race the race this year which I am grateful and thankful but that does not change what I think the direction of the race has taken. North vegas has nothing to do with my feelings even though it was my favorite place to race and memories serves me right the Mint also raced out of Jean or sloan during that time.

retroblazer

RDC Crypto
So besides the Mint hotel promoting the race, what really makes this any different? We’re racing in Nevada, and we have contingency in the streets of Las Vegas. Thanks to Snore and Martelli’s for continuing the tradition. Yes we pay more to do everything, but that’s a reflection of the times.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
So besides the Mint hotel promoting the race, what really makes this any different? We’re racing in Nevada, and we have contingency in the streets of Las Vegas. Thanks to Snore and Martelli’s for continuing the tradition. Yes we pay more to do everything, but that’s a reflection of the times.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

This is spot on^^^. Seriously I can’t believe anybody can be this butthurt enough to actually start a thread on it. The marketing I’ve been seeing says 50th anniversary which is correct. Martelli’s have brought the hype and spirit of a huge historic event and are doing a hell of a job with it. It promotes our sport in a great light and legitimate fashion and gets all kinds of attention from outside sponsors and media. It’s probably one of the greatest things to happen to off road Motorsports in the last 20 years.

So you all have a problem because it’s not the old Mint 400 that your dad raced? By that definition it never will be, but that’s ok and there’s nothing wrong with it. But some of you seem to have so much hate for it that you’d rather see the race not even happen at all. If you don’t like it you don’t have to go. You guys are lame.

For me it’s an awesome event. I was never fortunate enough to experience the original race. So to me it’s just as great as the stories I’ve heard of the old Mint.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
The marketing I’ve been seeing says 50th anniversary which is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

IMG_0436.JPG

Dirty Harry

RDC Crypto
Website
www.harrysituations.com
Maybe because the Old Mint didn't race on graded roads?

You should go out there and run the course the day after the race in your dune buggy and let me know how smooth the roads are.

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
You should go out there and run the course the day after the race in your dune buggy and let me know how smooth the roads are.

Do I need to go out and prerun in my Prius the week before so I can compare the before and after ruts?

I'm kidding of course. Don't bash me, just making a joke here.

Of course it's going to be rough after the race is over. I've yet to ever see a desert race where the course was smoother after the race than before. Now lets get back to our regularly scheduled arguments over the real mint of yesteryear and todays great American race.