On Topic 50th SCORE Baja 500

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
Just 7 weeks away, the rumor is that we can expect a 600 mile course.

Baja Dad

Reaction
Rumors it is heading North off the start then east then south then west then back North

and not going south of Borrego

what are your thoughts?

swiftracing5

Reaction
It would be great if they avoided all the sections used in the 250, it’s been getting pretty torn up

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
Rumors it is heading North off the start then east then south then west then back North

and not going south of Borrego

what are your thoughts?
Like 1996 Baja big huge loop running through Rosarito, TJ, Tecate and Mexicali????

ErikIrvine

Reaction
When is the map going to be released?

43mod

Reaction
thoughts are I wanna race ! Budget says only if they have a tricycle class .

JDDurfey

Reaction
I have wondered for the last two years when the 500 went to San Felipe why run the same stuff two races in a row. There are plenty of miles to be had around Mike's and south down the coast. I know that at least 180 miles can be found around Mike's.

Run the course up to the pine forest, to Mike's, to Vicente Guerrero, then back north on the coast. That would make for a nice course. It would also lessen the amount of miles of course that has both outbound and inbound traffic.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
That would work for me. Then I could camp on the coast. We were just talking about that at the 250. Of the fun we had several years ago camping on the beach for the 500.

BuzzChaser

Reaction
I’m up for camping in the pine forest again!

palmawor

Reaction
Pine forest sounds cool. Can you tell us why its cool up there? Planning to be there. From WA. State n back. Want to experience. I Did the 1000. Almost to loreto in 2017. Thank you.

Honda48X

Reaction
It will be nice seeing all the top racers up front. All within 15 minutes of each other. I love knowing the starting order.

Speedy Gonzales

Reaction
Pine forest sounds cool. Can you tell us why its cool up there? Planning to be there. From WA. State n back. Want to experience. I Did the 1000. Almost to loreto in 2017. Thank you.
High elevation in mountain range I think is called Sierra De San Pedro Martir. Blue skies, big pine trees, hard to believe you are Baja, when you see it for the first time.

calexiraptor

Reaction
Ensenada- tecate- hechicera-rumorosa-salada-cordillera molina-ojos negros-ensenada

Just sayin!

Last edited:

swiftracing5

Reaction
Hard to beat the pine forest for the 500, sometimes can have rain then be 90s in rumorosa. Also hard to beat the beach. But very easy to beat ojos - uruapan crossover, anything would be better.

randy s

Reaction
the race should go down the rumorosa grade for sure..takes your breath away

Last edited:

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
did anyone move the boulder off the rumarosa? the gap at new years was too narrow for trophy trucks.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
Frontera newspaper just posted an article regarding safety meetings between Municipalities of Ensenada and Mexicali for the Baja 500.

Article says that the route would include Real del castillo (ojos), Valle T, Vicente Guerrero, Camalu, San Vicente, Santo Tomas and some part of San Felipe.

My supposition is that it may include the pine forest and crossing into the desert vía Cordillera de Molina or Summit.

It doesn’t mention the municipality of Tecate and that means no Rumorosa.

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Any rumors on the start gap between bikes/trucks?

Rock56

Reaction
Ensenada- tecate- hechicera-rumorosa-salada-cordillera molina-ojos negros-ensenada

Just sayin!

score doesn't like mexicali any more for

Just sayin!
i talked to abelardo grijalva last year when they were doing the 2018 SF 250 course and i asked him that why they don't like to race in laguna salada and he said beacuse of the heat and also because it's really repetitive/the sections down here