Attachments

• tdih-jun06-HD.jpg
    tdih-jun06-HD.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 80

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
216 views.......really?

I'm not impressed with that in the least.

Do you 'youngsters' realise how close you came to speaking German or itallian? That is IF your grandparents even survived long enough to have YOUR parents?

BTW one of my dear friends that's still alive today stormed the beach that day..........he later started a little gun manufacturing company called FREEDOM ARMS home of the 454 casule revolver

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
216 views.......really?

I'm not impressed with that in the least.

Do you 'youngsters' realise how close you came to speaking German or itallian? That is IF your grandparents even survived long enough to have YOUR parents?

BTW one of my dear friends that's still alive today stormed the beach that day..........he later started a little gun manufacturing company called FREEDOM ARMS home of the 454 casule revolver
Sounds an awful lot like virtue signaling. But I digress.

What is the significance of the numbers you posted?

"325,000 left of 16 million"

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
After some digging, I think I found those numbers:

325,000 troops landed in the first 7 days after 6-6-1944 (6/6 - 6/13)

16 million troops served in WW2

More digging: It is estimated that there are 325,000 WW2 veterans alive today. (0.09% of the US population)

I'm assuming the 325,000 you are referring to "left" are the veterans alive today and not the number of troops landing during the first week.

Last edited:

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
2,500,000 allied troops stormed the beaches in a week.
The movie saving private Ryan doesn't come close to the bloodbath it actually was.

MI-FL Offroader

Reaction
Fun Fact: that was a completely useless observation most likely meant to belittle and alienate someone who is thanking the fallen for the ultimate sacrifice. Well done. Keep up the virtuous work.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Fun Fact: that was a completely useless observation most likely meant to belittle and alienate someone who is thanking the fallen for the ultimate sacrifice. Well done. Keep up the virtuous work.
I didn't bring up the movie? Where did he say "thank you" or express any gratitude?

He posted: a date (6-6-1944), A Photo (we all see it), and a short statement: "325,000 left of 16 million"

IDK, to me, he seems "unimpressed" and agitated at us viewers rather than grateful to those he is supposedly thanking. Reminds me of virtue signaling is all.

Don't get your knickers in a twist man.

coolerking

Reaction
My Moms dad drove a Higgins boat onto Omaha Beach, he was a Navy Coxswain, during Operation Neptune, they took the 29th ID to the beach, they were Rangers that were tasked with finding and clearing German strong points off the beach.
They succeeded, and moved on to take a town named St. Lo, the rest as they say is history.
I have lots of my grandfathers stuff from his time in the war, and not a day goes by that I don't look up at the flag in the wooden triangle case and think about him and all the others that have served and fought and died for us and our way of life.

Josh 8

Reaction
My ex father in law walked on the beach plus 30. Like a dope, I asked what does plus 30 mean? He said 30 days after D day. I then asked were you shot at when you landed? He said no. I then asked how far was the front? Was it 10 miles east at that time? He said, no but if you popped your head above the cliff for more then a second you would get it shot off. He then walk to Berlin with a m-1 grand in his hand. He had buddy’s killed right next to him multiple times and got shot twice. He also said that after the war was over the German society and girls were so messed up with that Arian race nonsense and trying bread new Society that they would screw any one. There as a German young woman that shuttled fighter planes to the eastern front that he met after the war was over. He said she had the most rocking body he had ever had or seen. But a bullet came in from behind her in the cockpit of a plane she was shuttling east and shot the left half of her jaw off. But she was beautiful from the right. He said she was the best bedding he has ever had too!

Last edited: