6 Cylinder race motor ??

I run in a Off road series in Costa Rica called Autocross. I have a Chevy 4.3 in my yj jeep.Have had some issues with the 4.3 and am at a crossroads .Is the 4.3 a good platform? Have not done much mods other than a Wynnjammer blower,fi tech injection.
Is there something better to produce 330-375 up and be reliable for say 15-20 events.There is a builder out east that builds a 4.3 sealed for some late model dirt track series,pump gas,carb and puts out a claimed 340 hp ?,I'm not the best tuner and not much faith in local shops.Any help to my path to trophy land is appreciated.Only rules in my class is no spray.

dzrt performance

ditch the 4.3 it uses offset journals on the crank to maintain even fire......making the crank weak. that's why all the serious v6 engines were built using common journal odd fire, but that bring its own issues, not to mention high cost.

I like the advise above....crate LS drop in......

a 4.3L is only 262CI so to get 340hp out of that is a tall order but can be done although I doubt the reliability is there.

slvrbullet

If you need to stay with the V6, look at the new Ford and Chevy engines. Talking with a ford tech the new mustang V6 engines are pretty easy swaps. The New Chevy V6 engines can also be swapped but require some help on the ECU but plenty of people have done it. Not to mention these new V6 engines push 300 HP stock with a few add ons im sure you can be in the 350HP range.

Bert is my name

There used to be a bowtie long block with Siamese bores and matching heads with 12 degree valve angle but that hasn't been built since the 90s. With the raw unmachined bowtie crank about 5 litres was achievable. Probably way out of reach for the average budget even if it was available.

ditch the 4.3 it uses offset journals on the crank to maintain even fire......making the crank weak. that's why all the serious v6 engines were built using common journal odd fire, but that bring its own issues, not to mention high cost. I like the advise above....crate LS drop in...... a 4.3L is only 262CI so to get 340hp out of that is a tall order but can be done although I doubt the reliability is there.
ditch the 4.3 it uses offset journals on the crank to maintain even fire......making the crank weak. that's why all the serious v6 engines were built using common journal odd fire, but that bring its own issues, not to mention high cost. I like the advise above....crate LS drop in...... a 4.3L is only 262CI so to get 340hp out of that is a tall order but can be done although I doubt the reliability is there.