• Forum membership has its advantages....

6100 BUILD NEED ADVISE🏁🏁🏁🏁

Flatout

Building a Spec Trophy Truck / 6100 Truck Want to BUY a Rear Engine Mounting Plate and a Front Engine Mounting Plate with Alternator & Power Steering Mounts up High. Who Sells the Best ???🏁🏁🏁🏁 LS3 Proven

MTPyle

The Geiser accessory set up is legit.

Mike

MTPyle

My strategy is to find someone that has been there and done that and buy what they say.

Geiser has been super helpful to me and I do not have a Geiser truck. They are great guys willing to sell parts they have used, tried and proven.

Another great company is Camburg. Jerry and his guys are super helpful and will steer you in the right direction.

For the most part these companies care about helping OffRoad racers regardless of what brand truck we own.

Pay for the better parts that come with experience. Sometimes there seems to be a great new part but I think the older proven one is the best. Sometimes better isn’t always better. Haha

Mike

Edit- I just read this back and its pretty ironic. This comes from the guy that was the first to put a new engine in his spec truck LOL

Last edited:

jon coleman

only twisted 5400 rpm, never a failure ,only changed belt 3 times in all my 1700 cls racing.prepping.i just dont like Allot of pulleys everywhere trying Not to get an errant rock wedged in..

Attachments

Ikaika

1586572625542.png

1586572776680.png

Top pic = vacancy between the alternators is where the P/S pump lives.
Bottom pic = A simple mid-plate design.

We are utilizing two front mounts to the front accessory plate ( not in the above pic ), two mid-mounts ( original mount location on each side of the block ) for block support & a rear engine plate located between the engine & transmission bellhousing......maybe a little overkill.......but off-road presents challenges that are unseen in other disciplines.

Regards........

MTPyle

Who's kit is that? Looks legit as hell. Oh and not cheap. LOL

Mike

Ikaika

Who's kit is that? Looks legit as hell. Oh and not cheap. LOL

Mike
Hey Mike,

Those pics are of our project......same project that I dropped a pic in your other 6100 thread.

That plate is one of the latest twin alternator I.D. Design LS3 accessory plates.....I placed the CAD drawing earlier in this thread for reference.

Regards......

Flatout

My strategy is to find someone that has been there and done that and buy what they say.

Geiser has been super helpful to me and I do not have a Geiser truck. They are great guys willing to sell parts they have used, tried and proven.

Another great company is Camburg. Jerry and his guys are super helpful and will steer you in the right direction.

For the most part these companies care about helping OffRoad racers regardless of what brand truck we own.

Pay for the better parts that come with experience. Sometimes there seems to be a great new part but I think the older proven one is the best. Sometimes better isn’t always better. Haha

Mike

Edit- I just read this back and its pretty ironic. This comes from the guy that was the first to put a new engine in his spec truck LOL
Thanks🏁🏁🏁🏁