6100 Class schedule and purse for 2022

TWM6177

Reaction
So in talking to many 6100 class racers about the 2022 schedule there are so many races it will be hard for everyone to do them all so it seems everyone is going to pick and choose -races next season. What if we formed some sort of group to come up with a 5 or 6 race 6100 series that hits the most popular by voted on races in the U.S. for 2022 and get some money in our class for each race and a year ends points fund? my thoughts below just initially from my hair brain idea today that hopefully doesn't backfire on me...lol

5 or 6 race series in 2022 (all 6100 racers to be in series vote on which races to include in 6100 series)
points are the same each race regardless how many entries overall for that race.
one throw away race
$1,000 per race entry fee goes straight to year end points fund (must be pre paid for all races prior to 1st race of season to be included in year end points fund)
$2,000 or whatever everyone agrees on per race side pot to be divided however we figure out (70/20/10 - 60/25/15) for top 3 in 6100 series (paid prior to each 6100 series race)
We can get sponsors to put in more money for per race or year end points fund
maybe the truck builders can get involved for per race and season purse
maybe the truck builders can get involved for the truck builder championship at the end of season and be presented a big trophy or something for bragging rights

these are just some initial thoughts as I was thinking today of how to keep the 6100 class strong and with the number of trucks out there get some money involved for our class. if anybody wants to contact me directly my number is 602-292-1224. I think we could put a group of us together to run this thing as volunteers for the good of the class. I only work 15 hours a day so I have spare time to give and help...lol

Thoughts? I want this to stay positive and not turn into a bashing of any orgs or anybody else please.

I just love to race and want to be where everyone else plans on racing because we all love competition so we may as well try to get some money and fun stuff involved.

Travis Williams

EL ROMAN

Reaction
I think it's a great idea and it should get interest from a good number of racers and companies. I believe our truck owner/driver Deviant Racing noted he is interested on IG, if he hasn't sent you his info, let me know. Kudos to you for looking to do something different and bring the class together in an alternative series, yet still involving all the orgs. My favorite seasons racing back in the day was when 1450 had The ORG, which was based on this same concept. Quite a few companies jumped onboard and a lot of fun.

TWM6177

Reaction
I will say the response I have got from phone calls to texts to the Instagram post for this has been way bigger than I ever expected. I think a lot of people are going to be on board with this. I have already had calls from companies wanting to support this as well. So it looks like I just got myself another job with no pay...lol

In the coming days / weeks we will start getting it all together and getting the racers involved for input. I am not sure how all that is going to look yet but with the people who have reached out wanting to help I think we can make it happen. It will take a lot of volunteers to make this a great thing for many years and I for one am willing to help as much as possible for the whole class and get the ball rolling.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Website
stevesourapas.com
Great start but to get any outside money you are going to have to come up with a solid marketing plan. Last time this was done was Pro Dirt I believe which were Class 1 cars in or around 2000 or 2001 but the marketing wasn't good and it eventually failed. If you can put something together we will help. Best of luck.

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Reaction
LOVE this! Like I had mentioned on IG, we did this with 1450/1400 a few years ago and was a killer time with record car counts. You are correct though, it is another job!
Can't wait to see the schedule!