6100 engine inspection and cheater motors

Should BITD increase tech inspection for 6100?

• Yes, BITD needs to do a better job of enforcing spec engine rules

Votes: 69 92.0%
  • No, racers are good at enforcing themselves and BITD does a fine job

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Just put a bigger trans cooler in and be done with it. That's the only real issue.

MTPyle

Reaction
SMS81

Huh I dont see how any of those are performance advantages other than the Bump steer fix, which BTW many of the current trucks have and would be offered to all trucks as a kit. The rest is more comfort and cosmetics. Yes we are trying to update the class and make the R4 more modern but we are not going to make the current trucks obsolete or less competitive. And all of this is still up to the owners of TL, Which BTW have already made a lot of changes including the new body and opened up tire size.

Anything else you want to get off your mind? I didn't know this was the lets argue with Mike about every other topic thread.

Mike

Tube ride

Reaction
Ya and you say you have the best snow on earth....how do you know have tested all snow on earth ? C28675E1-9A19-4EAD-91D4-B69E5C3B85AE.jpegthe term dogPYLE has been deemed insensitive to the entire canine species

Last edited:

Volkspower Racing

Reaction
Update away on your Trophy Lites, the ones I prep and service have zero issues with cooling, in fact one of my customers that just won the TL championship raced all year on the same transmission! Leave the class alone already.
Now back to 6100, Mike, why don’t you put together a meeting with all 6100 owners, crew chiefs, tech and motor guys and maybe even the builders so we can iron this out and not do it with the 5 people here on RDC? Seems like what is really needed over all this stuff??

MTPyle

Reaction
Jeff,

I agree thats what needs to happen. As the more I get into this the more I see its communication thats the problem. I will work on it and call BITD on Monday to get their guidance. I don't want to start something without BITD being part of it. But they may hate me right now. LOL

It's just hard to communicate to a large group that changes often.

Mike

Waitin4dv

Reaction
Yeah I’m sorry I take extreme pride in the hours and effort myself and our team put into our product and support we offer to make sure our customers big and small have the best opportunity to win races with the products we provide for them. I’m sorry that Pete (R.I.P) made things personal by making accusations about (my close associates) and his friends business based on things he thought he knew. I’m sorry that my love for this sport and the ability to see all the hard work and hours our team puts in come to fruition when we have multiple teams win in multiple classes caused me to not sit here and take Pete’s crap like most others on this forum did. Pete was a great dude, would literally give the shirt off his back to anyone, Pete was a great driver, dude could drive the wheels off of anything, Pete was also his own worst enemy when it came to finishing races. I had and still have a lot of respect for Pete as a person and race car driver.
So you say you work on small customers trucks. So does that mean you can wire a prerunner for a limited budget guy? If so I’m 20 mins from Danzio and need my truck wired up. 👍

Slippery P

Reaction
Just for reference here is a brand new GM LS3 block as delivered from GM, this will be built into a prerunner engine and the deck height will be corrected. The top number is the deck height measured to crank center line, the bottom number is what the compression ratio would be in that cylinder if all other measurements were equal, piston volume, head gasket thickness, head chamber volume ETC. (LS deck height is 9.240”)
F2D8EE59-B01F-417D-94FF-2C9EB3635E06.jpeg

MTPyle

Reaction
Had a very productive talk with Jeff and Brian of BITD. Cleared up lots of confusion and have some great ideas how to improve things.

Just need to do some more work to come up with a solid plan.

Mike

da223

Reaction
Ditch the 'might as well be trophy truck' class and go back to SPEC Trophy Truck

Back to 37 max height tire and get it back to a SPEC motor.

You can have a 430hp and Underdrive
or a 525 and no underdrive
(I am kinda joking)

But, ditch the underdrive.

#make6100greatagain

Dezert00Taco

Reaction
Ditch the 'might as well be trophy truck' class and go back to SPEC Trophy Truck

Back to 37 max height tire and get it back to a SPEC motor.

You can have a 430hp and Underdrive
or a 525 and no underdrive
(I am kinda joking)

But, ditch the underdrive.

#make6100greatagain
What’s the problem with the underdrive? You don’t have to run one if you don’t want too.

MTPyle

Reaction
The underdrive thing is done and can’t go back. I for one wish we would have stuck with 37” and no underdrive but it is what it is. I at the time thought the 40” would be better.

the only thing I wanted was to match BITD with Score so we could stop with the back and forth and different rules.

When BITD decided to do the 525 they should have also allowed rebuild like Score. Then we would have one engine rule and there would be less “cheater” Motors. I started this thread about the SCORE engines racing in BITD. I wasn’t talking about guys actually making engines more powerful than the SCORE rebuilt 525hp.

We need the same rules for all Spec trucks. That makes it way easier to control and easier to just go race.

My out of shape old body does love the 40” tires though. Haha

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.