6100 engine inspection and cheater motors

Should BITD increase tech inspection for 6100?

• Yes, BITD needs to do a better job of enforcing spec engine rules

Votes: 69 92.0%
  • No, racers are good at enforcing themselves and BITD does a fine job

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

E motorsports

Reaction
based on your words "how many ppl do you think are actually making there own motor seals "
you are implying that only very few ppl counterfeit the seal ( 1 would be to many)
therefore the seal is in adequate

J Prich

Reaction
On some level I think task saturation IS a bit of a problem. When you have 200-300 vehicles entered from 30+ classes, just honestly checking every vehicles safety equipment for rules compliance is a huge task. Then adding in the various complexities of technical rules for each vehicle type...you have a relatively small tech staff that realistically can't possible know all the ins and outs, cheater tricks, etc for each type of vehicle...at least with pre race tech there is just no genuine way in my opinion for them to catch all of this stuff. There are 1000 different ways every class with it's own unique set of rules can "cheat" around those rules and its really tough for a small tech crew to catch all of those.

Post race tech is a smaller sample size obviously but still tough to have a small crew that can look at even most of the potential cheater spots on a variety of vehicle types. I feel like there could be some merit to the idea of having individual class "helpers" that support the tech crew, especially if you organized the tech schedule by class (Class A from 9am to 10am, Class B from 10am to 11am) but even then those helpers are going to have their own bias and that creates it's own set of problems with people too.

Frankly IMO there is no easy answer...except maybe fewer classes and fewer rules, lol.

MTPyle

Reaction
It was never that it was one person cheating or meant to attack one truck. If that was the case it would be easy to protest.

it was about enforcing the 6100 rules and how. And it was about what you do about someone that has found to do something outside the rules. Which recently happened with the 2 speed underdrive. nothing happened to the truck that had 2 speed underdrives.

If it’s all driver than why are trucks pushing the rules with 2 speed under-drives and removable bed sides? If it’s all driver why would anyone spend over $400k on a spec truck?

You guys think any class rep can take the heat of guys like Troy Herbst? This is why nothing is ever done. The big guys have way more power than any rep or org. And when A guy like Troy speaks everyone follows in line. He has earned that respect and power. Look at the IG post. You think anyone will back me and support better rule enforcement? LOL hell no. They all just say who the hell would complain about cheaters. That guy must be slow. So childish but the mob mentality is very strong in this sport and people think it’s macho to threaten.

again I am trying to get this taken down and leave the room. But with it open people keep saying silly things.
Mike

Tube ride

Reaction
E83E5E38-4F17-4263-8182-57349C708CBA.jpeg
Positive interlude

10 shot

Reaction
The top drivers are going to want the best equipment. The guys that are winning are the guys that should be up front. I think you kinda did call out cheaters in the beginning including a brand truck. Bed sides falling is not going to win a race but you cant say your cheating if you loose your bed sides most do at some point. If there was a 2 speed under drive is there a rule against it? That's a ton of work and expenses for something that's not legal. And who made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.