6100 engine inspection and cheater motors

Should BITD increase tech inspection for 6100?

• Yes, BITD needs to do a better job of enforcing spec engine rules

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No, racers are good at enforcing themselves and BITD does a fine job

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

MTPyle

Hey Tucker. I didn’t know that was you here. Haha hard to keep track of user names.

You guys have worked your Butts off on that truck and it shows. I think you like many other teams take pride in doing it right. Thanks for chiming in to clarify.

I agree with you. Either enforce the rules or let us all do what we want.

keep up with the good hard work.

Mi

CaptinCrash

Hey Tucker. I didn’t know that was you here. Haha hard to keep track of user names.

You guys have worked your Butts off on that truck and it shows. I think you like many other teams take pride in doing it right. Thanks for chiming in to clarify.

I agree with you. Either enforce the rules or let us all do what we want.

keep up with the good hard work.

Mi
I usually stay quite on the forms my opinions normally make people mad but I feel really strong about this espically since my request to protest the truck with no body was denied at the start line last race (they had a complete spare truck in the parking lot at the start ) the whole deals screwed up we’re fortunate enough to have engines on the shelf but to the guy who can’t he’ll get screwed if I decided to start cheating and his natural talent will get drowned out by my ability to spend money looking for Ways to cheat after silver state I went as far as buying 100 1/4 inch explosive bolts so I could ditch the body during quailfying but Bitd has fixed the rules on the body just imagine what I’d do to a engine if I wasn’t honest !!! As for all our hard work thank you Chads trucks is basically like my truck I happen to live with him and his family so the apperance parts used and craftsmanship needs to be the highest of levels I’ve been super fortunate in my career to work on some of the top teir tt teams race dakar a few times and still consulat for the can am factory south racing team and I even help prep a awd mason in My spare time so I’ve got really high standard and even higher when it comes to chads truck I working towards our program function and act like a factory racing program

MTPyle

LOL exploding bolts. Haha. That would have been fun to watch. Especially at night.

every situation is complicated and overall I think Donald does a good job being fair. He has a hard job to keep racers happy and follow the rules. I am
With you on the body thing. That was not cool, especially since it happened to me last year and I had to repair my body. So again different rules for different teams.

Engine tech and testing should be objective and not up for discussion or debate. They need a test that the engine either passes or fails. And all of the top 5 should get the same test. It can be done after qualifying before the race or after the race. I would prefer after qualifying. if the test is done after qualifying there will be less drama. With our new format of schedule there is a entire day to inspect the top 5 before the race. We have a day off with nothing to do now.

Mike

MTPyle

Dan I don't think so but I think its a good idea.

I sure has heck do not want the job. I just like to pretend to be one on the internet. LOL Way easier to just create messes on here than actually do any work. haha

But I am sure BITD could find some sucker to take all the abuse from a bunch of guys like me.

Mike

Rcamp99

I’ve heard from so many people how big a difference having no body makes at a race like silver state where you can see so much better without a hood or fenders/ a piller body work in the way.

CaptinCrash

LOL exploding bolts. Haha. That would have been fun to watch. Especially at night.

every situation is complicated and overall I think Donald does a good job being fair. He has a hard job to keep racers happy and follow the rules. I am
With you on the body thing. That was not cool, especially since it happened to me last year and I had to repair my body. So again different rules for different teams.

Engine tech and testing should be objective and not up for discussion or debate. They need a test that the engine either passes or fails. And all of the top 5 should get the same test. It can be done after qualifying before the race or after the race. I would prefer after qualifying. if the test is done after qualifying there will be less drama. With our new format of schedule there is a entire day to inspect the top 5 before the race. We have a day off with nothing to do now.

Mike
I totally agree Donald does a great job in the grand scheme of things he may just not have the time to deal with this if that’s the case we as racers need provide our Own solution and btw if you wreck your body at quaiflying we always have a spare complete body with us or at home I would be happy to lend it to you or any other 6100 truck so they could race

dan200

#BSF200
Dan I don't think so but I think its a good idea.

I sure has heck do not want the job. I just like to pretend to be one on the internet. LOL Way easier to just create messes on here than actually do any work. haha

But I am sure BITD could find some sucker to take all the abuse from a bunch of guys like me.

Mike
I know SNORE has (or at least had) them. A friend who racing class 12 was protested over a rule and found out after he had finished. and i remember at least one of the guys who made the ruling raced in class one. It wasn't a spec thing. He had lost forward gears and pushed his car the last hundred feet or so, jumped in and rolled over the finish line with his motor running but the vehicle was not on its own power. Way later finds out his finish wasnt official. It was a mess.

StickmanLV

What about claimer motors? Isn't that how oval modified program works? My understanding is that top three or 5 have the ability on race night to put money up and swap motors in the pits. Let the big money teams put money in the motor and they may lose it at the next race.

J Prich

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure BITD does not have class reps the way SNORE does. I was under the impression that they DO convene competition review boards comprised of various racers if/when there is a need to review, but I could be wrong on that.

MTPyle

What about claimer motors? Isn't that how oval modified program works? My understanding is that top three or 5 have the ability on race night to put money up and swap motors in the pits. Let the big money teams put money in the motor and they may lose it at the next race.
Not sure about circle track racers but our truck is a pain to swap engines. That would kill us on race week. I am sure the bigger teams could pull it off but the small teams like us would not be able to swap a engine like that and be ready for race day.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure BITD does not have class reps the way SNORE does. I was under the impression that they DO convene competition review boards comprised of various racers if/when there is a need to review, but I could be wrong on that.
I am pretty sure it was a competition review board that made the ruling in the case i was citing.

I do feel that class reps are good ideas though. Likely a thankless job. I nominate Mike Pyle.

dzrt performance

you want to stop this? start with the engine builders. Get caught, life time ban from the class.

there is plenty of devices used in professional motors sports to inspect engines.

joshmx88

There are many ways to put more power down that is not cheating. We changed a bunch of things on our drivetrain that makes us way faster than we were. So just because Broc was faster does not mean he is cheating. There is one thing Broc had on his 6100 that we got on our 6100 that made a huge difference. before I knew what that was I would have bet he was cheating.
Underdrive?

dan200

#BSF200
Local short course story that's like a decade old regarding a claimer class.

Guy smokes everyone constantly. Pulls on them in the straight away. Dude has talent but there seems to be a mechanical advantage.

Gets protested after a while.

Refuses to let them open his motor up.

This gets the truck banned for a certain amount of time and the dude cant race it.

Dude sells truck.

Truck gets painted and is raced by the new owner in the same series.

Truck keeps winning.

MTPyle

Underdrive?
No, not under drive.

We have tried just about everything we could think of and have had a few really nice people help us out. One top team thats really fast wanted to help us and told us about this part and we tried it. It was maybe the biggest change we made to the truck. There are many things that really help that are not obvious but easy.

I think our truck is one of fastest trucks as far as putting power down. So I am not the one with the power disadvantage. Our issue is cornering and driver talent. Our truck is longer, taller, and more narrow than the other 6100 trucks. so we win in a straight lines and with big bumps but get beat in corners.

Mike

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

I totally agree Donald does a great job in the grand scheme of things he may just not have the time to deal with this if that’s the case we as racers need provide our Own solution and btw if you wreck your body at quaiflying we always have a spare complete body with us or at home I would be happy to lend it to you or any other 6100 truck so they could race
Im gunna need a much larger enclosed trailer to keep a spare body for my truck.. hahah

CHASETHISTOO

Mike
I consider you a friend, one that may have too much time on his hands. There may cheaters but I dont think any of the front runners are. We are a front running team and our motor never came out of our truck once all of the 2019 season. I agree on registering serial # to teams and more tags if it makes everyone feel better. We have won 2 championships in a 5000 Baja, limited tagged class, and a 2nd in 6100 in 2019 and dont believe any of the top teams are cheating. Its the driver as Kyle has proven.

MTPyle

Travis

Thank you, Yes I have had too much time on my hands for sure. Glad I am over my Covid quarantine.

I agree that many of the top teams are just that fast and are not cheaters.

What really started this was SCORE tagged engines racing in BITD. Those guys are allowed to deck and hone.

the other issue is a few guys telling me they can get the tags. That was a red flag. And the third thing was when our trucks got inspected at the finish line of the SS300 all they did was look to see if they could see one tag. Didn’t look at all of them and did not write down the number.

I kind of regret starting this thread but it also has been a good discussion and brought up some really good points.

You need to get back racing with us. You are one of the guys I really want to beat. Haha beating you fair and square would be a huge accomplishment for us
:)

Mike