6100 Engine Program????

Flatout

Reaction
I am converting my 7200 truck to 6100, was going to go to Turnkey and purchase a complete Engine package..... Others have said there are other options and just have Turnkey Seal the engine...... Asking for any Pros or CONS.......THANKS

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
I am converting my 7200 truck to 6100, was going to go to Turnkey and purchase a complete Engine package..... Others have said there are other options and just have Turnkey Seal the engine...... Asking for any Pros or CONS.......THANKS
i would say to WAIT till after the meeting next week at the v2r race to do ANYTHING.....as the engine options change constantly..............and as i tell all 7200 guys, DONT DO IT unless you merely want to participate...the.tt spec class is going to be HIGHLY competitive and FAST and $ spendy$$ to run in the front....but what the hell do i know,just ask jerry.....

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
What ever came of this, I was reading the SCORE rule book it says 525hp ls 3?? Is that correct.. where does one purchase such a motor?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Slippery P

Reaction
What ever came of this, I was reading the SCORE rule book it says 525hp ls 3?? Is that correct.. where does one purchase such a motor?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
It's the LS3 with the GM performance 525/525 cam. Can be purchased directly from GM.

07FJRog

Reaction
It's the LS3 with the GM performance 525/525 cam. Can be purchased directly from GM.
Actually it has the exact ls7 cam by part number, and make 10 more hp than the ls7 ( 515).
Now did bitd finally allow the ct525 or only score? Would be nice to be able to run both seires with one engine instead of a 430 hp or 525 hp change out.

Slippery P

Reaction
Actually it has the exact ls7 cam by part number, and make 10 more hp than the ls7 ( 515).
Now did bitd finally allow the ct525 or only score? Would be nice to be able to run both seires with one engine instead of a 430 hp or 525 hp change out.
Actually it is not,
The score legal LS3 uses camshaft Pt# 88958770 which is the GM Performance "ASA" camshaft.
.525" valve lift intake and exhaust, duration 226 Intake 236 Exhaust. Less lift than stock cam on the intake lobe, longer duration on both intake and exhaust lobes.
We see anywhere from 40-50 HP gain. Usually ends up between 525-540 HP at the crank with a safe tune.

Last edited:

07FJRog

Reaction
Since I have the paperwork from gm and crossed it, It is the exact same cam by part number for for ls7 and ct525 ls3.

Slippery P

Reaction
Sorry bud but you have been misinformed, but don't take my word for it I only build these engines everyday.;)