6100 race costs

AZ7000'

Reaction
If you have to ask....

Christian Sourapas

Reaction

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Some teams spend very little and have very little results. Some teams spend a lot and have very good results.

Figure it like this. Same parts as a Trophy Truck less engine. How prepared do you want to be at the race?

Figure if you want to have good results you will need to spend around $25k per race. Minimum.

SolaidJeff

Reaction
Some teams spend very little and have very little results. Some teams spend a lot and have very good results.

Figure it like this. Same parts as a Trophy Truck less engine. How prepared do you want to be at the race?

Figure if you want to have good results you will need to spend around $25k per race. Minimum.

Of course @25K thats without any major parts failures plus already having existing supporting crews and pit/chase set ups.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
some trucks cost way more than others to maintain....if you wrench on it yourself you can do it for $10k or less per race....EASILY.....and be competitive....

TylerDurden

Reaction
Awesome, thanks guys. Btw, does anyone know how much Geiser 6100's go for? I know Geiser TT's are 450-500k, so based on the difference between other companies TT's and 6100's, I'm estimating about 300k.

scracing

Reaction
If you pay someone to prep the Car 25K plus, if you do it your self 5-10K and have volunteers to help with pits.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Awesome, thanks guys. Btw, does anyone know how much Geiser 6100's go for? I know Geiser TT's are 450-500k, so based on the difference between other companies TT's and 6100's, I'm estimating about 300k.
Sounds like the same price as a TT less TT engine cost?

TylerDurden

Reaction
Maybe so, but I doubt that a tt engine is 150-200k to make up the difference between 300k and 450-500k, if that makes sense. I like your avatar, DezertPilot. Are we allowed to say #MAGA!! here? Haha

johndjmix

Reaction
Trophylite is coming with a new truck - a lot of guys know about this allready, it’s what “what 6100 was sopose to be”. Full size truck but limited spec shocks, brakes, etc. 150-160K brand new. Prep costs of course will go down with that too. They are working hard on this new truck and have a feeling it’s going to be a killer popular truck!

Maybe we can paint one safety orange to get Russ out there since we need him and his tacos :)

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

TylerDurden

Reaction
Huh, that sounds interesting. The original Trophylites were a great idea but were just too small. Has any info been released on them or is it mostly word of mouth?

Jaypeg

Reaction
Of course a lot depends on how many and which races you plan to run in a season. For instance last year we spent right at $6K to do the MORE PCI 300 in September and right at $35K to do the B1K. That does not include any of the costs associated with buying the race truck. It does include putting it back together like new after the race. Also, we hail from Texas so our travel expenses are higher than some.

BajaFand

Reaction
Trophylite is coming with a new truck - a lot of guys know about this allready, it’s what “what 6100 was sopose to be”. Full size truck but limited spec shocks, brakes, etc. 150-160K brand new. Prep costs of course will go down with that too. They are working hard on this new truck and have a feeling it’s going to be a killer popular truck!

Maybe we can paint one safety orange to get Russ out there since we need him and his tacos :)

—John

Hmmm... interesting new concept.
IMG_0035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction

—John

So revamping the R-8? the truck that essentially started the 6100 class to have people to race against because no one bought them from TL in the first place?

And another class? yay!