• Forum membership has its advantages....

6100, TTspec, Baja Truck only thread

MTPyle

Figured I would start a thread for us spec guys. I keep seeing the Class 5 and class 10 only threads and feel left out LOL.

Lots of great info to share on our class and it would be nice to have one place to share info. I know I have shared a lot of info about the new LT1 engine option in my threads but its hard to filter thru all my rambling to get the info.

If anyone has any Spec class questions post them here. Or just share what you are doing with your spec truck.

Mike

MTPyle

Anyone else swapping engines? anyone running the Ford package or planning to?

BTW both SCORE and SNORE are copying this engine list fo their rules.

This is copied from the BITD Rule book.

SCR24: ENGINE LOCATION & DISPLACEMENT
Engine is limited to a sealed 8 cylinder. Only those engines listed here are permitted. See below list. All engines must be purchased through Turnkey Engine Supply.
NOTE: Starting January 2020 we will only accept the Cup style tag from Turnkey. NO Cable tags will be allowed.
  1. Ford 5.0L V8 engine kit part number M-6007-M50C With wire loom and control pack part number M-6017-M50B
  2. General Motors LS3 V8 engine kit part number 19370416 with wire loom and control pack part number 19258270 - Upgrade option: GM Cam Shaft part number
    88958770 that comes in the GM LS3 525HP motor. Turn Key Engine Supply will be the
    only engine builder allowed to perform this upgrade
  3. Ford 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost engine
  4. Ford 351 V8 Engine - Kit Part Number M-6007-S374W.
  5. Ford Boss (535 HP) - Part number M-6007-Z2427FFT
  6. GM LS3 (525 HP) - Part number 19370413 with GM Control Pack Part number 19354332
  7. GM LT1 - Part number 19416592 with LT1 Control Pack Part number 19417227.
  8. Billet Fuel rails allowed.
  9. Water pumps are open, must be mechanical factory concept, no electric pumps allowed.
  10. All Ford Motors are allowed to use either of these two carburetors – 650 CFM Holley part#
    80541-1 or 750 CFM Holley part#80528-1

Mike

MTPyle

I guess I didn't count on the fact that there are no Spec Truck guys that post on RDC LOL Or its just that with all thats going on nobody is working on or thinking about race trucks? I don't believe that Hehe. it's all I can think about while stuck at home.

Its a shame that RDC has a few people that run off the guys that can add value. I get a lot of private messages from guys that know their stuff but wont post on RDC anymore because of the haters. It is sad.

Come on guys lets talk Spec trucks, We are in the Trust tree here, its a safe place in this thread. :) Hehe

Mike

michael.gonzalez

My buddy is currently building an HM Racing 6100 truck that I will be co-driving in the future.
He is finishing TIG'ing the front bulkhead these past few days.

Camburg 4.0 Housing with 3.25" rear hubs
Camburg 2.50" Front Hubs
10" 3rd with Jumbo 36 spline axles
Ultra 17" Beadlocks
Wilwood Aero 6 Calipers
Fox 3.0" Coilovers
Fox 4.4" Bypasses
Fox 2.5" Bumpstops
3" Howe TT Steering Rack

525hp LS3.
80-100 gal fuel capacity
unsure on trans manufacturer at this point but likely Maximum Off-Road
unsure whether we will run underdrive or not. Likely will.

Unsure which tire but likely 40" KR3.

MTPyle

Do you have more info on HM racing? I googled it and could not find any web site.

Sounds like a killer build.

I would go with 100 gallons if possible. Tank size really matters.

4.4" Fox bypasses will be amazing and the Camburg stuff is legit.

Mike

Ikaika

O.K......Mike,........I'll play along.

Here is a sneak peek of what we got cookin.........

1585776905305.png

This pic is from a few months ago ( before BITD rule change ).......there has been a few mods made accordingly.

Anticipated completion is the end of the year with approximately 3-6 months of testing in 2021 & working out the kinks before competition.

Cheers !

MTPyle

O.K......Mike,........I'll play along.

Here is a sneak peek of what we got cookin.........

View attachment 210812

This pic is from a few months ago ( before BITD rule change ).......there has been a few mods made accordingly.

Anticipated completion is the end of the year with approximately 3-6 months of testing in 2021 & working out the kinks before competition.

Cheers !

This truck looks tight and tough, reminds me of Ultra4 cage. Great to see some new trucks getting made. Cant wait to see it running.

Mike

MTPyle

This is our 6100/spec truck we just wrapped up. Its an Eversen Performance chassis with a 1995 F150 steel cab on it with working doors.
That truck is so sick and really brings so much ingenuity and class to the spec trucks. Those pics make it look like a model or RC car. it looks too good to be real.

BajaJT

Anyone else swapping engines? anyone running the Ford package or planning to?

BTW both SCORE and SNORE are copying this engine list fo their rules.

This is copied from the BITD Rule book.

SCR24: ENGINE LOCATION & DISPLACEMENT
Engine is limited to a sealed 8 cylinder. Only those engines listed here are permitted. See below list. All engines must be purchased through Turnkey Engine Supply.
NOTE: Starting January 2020 we will only accept the Cup style tag from Turnkey. NO Cable tags will be allowed.
  1. Ford 5.0L V8 engine kit part number M-6007-M50C With wire loom and control pack part number M-6017-M50B
  2. General Motors LS3 V8 engine kit part number 19370416 with wire loom and control pack part number 19258270 - Upgrade option: GM Cam Shaft part number
    88958770 that comes in the GM LS3 525HP motor. Turn Key Engine Supply will be the
    only engine builder allowed to perform this upgrade
  3. Ford 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost engine
  4. Ford 351 V8 Engine - Kit Part Number M-6007-S374W.
  5. Ford Boss (535 HP) - Part number M-6007-Z2427FFT
  6. GM LS3 (525 HP) - Part number 19370413 with GM Control Pack Part number 19354332
  7. GM LT1 - Part number 19416592 with LT1 Control Pack Part number 19417227.
  8. Billet Fuel rails allowed.
  9. Water pumps are open, must be mechanical factory concept, no electric pumps allowed.
  10. All Ford Motors are allowed to use either of these two carburetors – 650 CFM Holley part#
    80541-1 or 750 CFM Holley part#80528-1

Mike
MT not building on or planning to race one, but curious about some of the HP the Ford engines make, such as #'s 1-3 and 4? I bought a F150 2020 with the V8, factory says 400 hp, I sold my 2017 Raptor which the factory says makes, 450, I realize that a create motor makes more, but wondered how much more?
Thanks
JT

51rcr

maybe get more once people are racing. Also people may get talk about where everyone is going to race.

51rcr

This is our 6100/spec truck we just wrapped up. Its an Eversen Performance chassis with a 1995 F150 steel cab on it with working doors.
I like it and that in the off road world its like going backwards. Everyone goes away from steel cabs and doors. Definitely stands out and breaks the norm. Be neat to see more personality. We allways look at stuff and think about putting different shells on stuff.

MTPyle

MT not building on or planning to race one, but curious about some of the HP the Ford engines make, such as #'s 1-3 and 4? I bought a F150 2020 with the V8, factory says 400 hp, I sold my 2017 Raptor which the factory says makes, 450, I realize that a create motor makes more, but wondered how much more?
Thanks
JT
JT,

For the most part crate motors will make 10-15% more than rated power in a race config with Exhaust, Tune, and intake. The Eco boost can make even more as its forced induction and can take advantage of high octane fuel.

#3 in the list is the Raptor Eco boost crate engine is rated at 450hp but with a larger intercooler, exhaust, and tune it can make an additional 120-140hp. But will it live long in a desert race truck at over 600hp? I am sure it will at 550hp. And it takes a lot of plumbing to make it work in a spec truck. Greg Foutz (who built our truck) has one in his latest Spec truck and it seems to work well, but has not been raced yet. That truck is for sale for a decent deal. See attached pics of the Eco in his truck. If I was buying a new 6100 I would seriously consider this truck. I think he is asking $275K and its loaded. it's wider than ours and has some improvements that we have made to ours. The Eco boost makes huge TQ which as we have found with our LT1 really matters in Offroad.

Engine #1 in the list is a 460hp Coyote engine with Di and Port injection. Its got 12:1 compression so can make some power on race gas and or E85. I think it would be a good engine but like the LT1 460hp engine it might be a little under powered compared to the LS3 525. But it's possible it could be closer in race trim.

I don't know anyone that is actively racing any Ford power plants in Spec trucks. Ford is a big sponsor of off-road racing but they cant seem to get anyone to step up with their engines. Its pretty hard to beat the GM LS platform. One of the issues with the Ford engines is they are much wider than the GM engines which makes it tight. Our truck was designed around Ford engine and thats what it had but they had issues with reliability so they swapped it with the LS3. To be honest I don't know if the reliability was ford's fault or truck install issues.

We are putting the LT2 intake on our LT1 soon and that should put us to the same HP as the LS3 on 91 octane. We will have a TQ advantage so we will see how it works out. I think the LT2 intake will be just enough to put the LT1 where it needs to be.

Mike
81672296_2714061041983935_296000474501349376_o.jpg
80590157_2714061105317262_7874808539917582336_o.jpg

Last edited:

Dezert00Taco

JT,

For the most part crate motors will make 10-15% more than rated power in a race config with Exhaust, Tune, and intake. The Eco boost can make even more as its forced induction and can take advantage of high octane fuel.

#3 in the list is the Raptor Eco boost crate engine is rated at 450hp but with a larger intercooler, exhaust, and tune it can make an additional 120-140hp. But will it live long in a desert race truck at over 600hp? I am sure it will at 550hp. And it takes a lot of plumbing to make it work in a spec truck. Greg Foutz (who built our truck) has one in his latest Spec truck and it seems to work well, but has not been raced yet. That truck is for sale for a decent deal. See attached pics of the Eco in his truck. If I was buying a new 6100 I would seriously consider this truck. I think he is asking $275K and its loaded. it's wider than ours and has some improvements that we have made to ours. The Eco boost makes huge TQ which as we have found with our LT1 really matters in Offroad.

Engine #1 in the list is a 460hp Coyote engine with Di and Port injection. Its got 12:1 compression so can make some power on race gas and or E85. I think it would be a good engine but like the LT1 460hp engine it might be a little under powered compared to the LS3 525. But it's possible it could be closer in race trim.

I don't know anyone that is actively racing any Ford power plants in Spec trucks. Ford is a big sponsor of off-road racing but they cant seem to get anyone to step up with their engines. Its pretty hard to beat the GM LS platform. One of the issues with the Ford engines is they are much wider than the GM engines which makes it tight. Our truck was designed around Ford engine and thats what it had but they had issues with reliability so they swapped it with the LS3. To be honest I don't know if the reliability was ford's fault or truck install issues.

We are putting the LT2 intake on our LT1 soon and that should put us to the same HP as the LS3 on 91 octane. We will have a TQ advantage so we will see how it works out. I think the LT2 intake will be just enough to put the LT1 where it needs to be.

The Grove Lumber guys put a lot of time and energy into trying a lot of the different ford engine options without success. They are now running LS3's in their 6100 trucks. We have a customer with a new 6100 truck that will be running this year and another one on the table that is up for grabs.

MTPyle

Vinnie,

Great looking truck, who made it?

We are also considering running all 3 SCORE races. Them making the B1K a loop made it much more interesting for us.

Mike