6100, TTspec, Baja Truck only thread

51rcr

Reaction
51rcr,

Thats not the kind of attention I want. Haha But yes there were some good crowd reaction. Everyone loves to watch someone screw up. The craziest part was having to thread the needle with the K rail and photogs.

But would a hand brake helped? I think it would.

also more talent would help. LOL

Mike
if you would have gave it a yank at the second flag. maybe it could have hooked and laid ya over. i think of what ya did is like maybe not going to make a corner with a curb in the winter. best to just go over then hit with the wheel turned. I like you honestly share problems and frustrations and mistakes. not many do.

51rcr

Reaction
Whats your power steering fluid of choice? have you took oil samples? send me a msg if you dont want to share in public. Thank you.

51rcr

Reaction
signed up for KOH sure hope i get it done and the everything works. Iam no engineer but i think it will. Hope lots show. Never could figure out how come with all the talk at first not many showed. Hope its different this year. the fans would love it. Oh i cant wait to see what my fishgistics odds are. haha myt rucks built out of used parts. That will really help.

mike_osborn

Reaction
Jerry

I placed a order for a bitchen black one of yours yesterday on the web site.

I am excited to try it out. There are many times in a super tight corner that I would love to get the back around and set up better.

it can’t really hurt to have one. You don’t have to use it but nice to have it has option.

Mike
you should wait to install it right before the race 😂 (sorry, Mike....just busting your chops...couldn't resist)

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Jerry

I placed a order for a bitchen black one of yours yesterday on the web site.

I am excited to try it out. There are many times in a super tight corner that I would love to get the back around and set up better.

it can’t really hurt to have one. You don’t have to use it but nice to have it has option.

Mike

Thank you! Hope you enjoy it!

MTPyle

Reaction
Whats your power steering fluid of choice? have you took oil samples? send me a msg if you dont want to share in public. Thank you.

we used synthetic and we could never get it to not burn.
Switched to Swepco and much much better. Howe says only use Swepco.

We also had a issue where our cooler was mounted just above the reservoir so air would get stuck in the cooler then circulate when we ran. That’s caused all sorts of issues.

After we moved the cooler down ans went to Swepco it’s been clean and no issues.

Here is a link to the manufacture web site. Swepco PS fluid

Mike

51rcr

Reaction
we used synthetic and we could never get it to not burn.
Switched to Swepco and much much better. Howe says only use Swepco.

We also had a issue where our cooler was mounted just above the reservoir so air would get stuck in the cooler then circulate when we ran. That’s caused all sorts of issues.

After we moved the cooler down ans went to Swepco it’s been clean and no issues.

Here is a link to the manufacture web site. Swepco PS fluid

Mike
thanks. i always hear swepco. yet people cook the oil and it breaks down. one would think synthetic couldnt be beat for break down heat.

MAC56

Reaction
22+ years of Lee Steering and Lee oil, never an issue and excellent customer support from then to now. Recently thought we had an issue but they worked tirelessly to help and discovered the problem was with the steering column not box , ram or pump.

Last edited:

51rcr

Reaction
is it to early to get excited for KOH? I dont really get excited. i dont have much faith in the word our goverment, especially when you add Cali.
i have lots left. waiting on axles to show still. only major thing i need. sway bar was ordered after and it showed.
this year will be neat to see the time splits between classes and TTs getting the rougher course last.

MTPyle

Reaction
Man We are as excited as we can be for KOH. Lots of work left on the truck but We think we will be ready and better than ever. I have confidence in Dave pulling it off.

Cant wait to be the underdog in 6100 and against the Class 1 buggies. It's always fun to have the bullies show up and try to beat the weaker kids. The Class 1 guys have a lot to prove and will be the laughing stock of the sport when they get beat by 6100 trucks. Hehe

Mike

51rcr

Reaction
Man We are as excited as we can be for KOH. Lots of work left on the truck but We think we will be ready and better than ever. I have confidence in Dave pulling it off.

Cant wait to be the underdog in 6100 and against the Class 1 buggies. It's always fun to have the bullies show up and try to beat the weaker kids. The Class 1 guys have a lot to prove and will be the laughing stock of the sport when they get beat by 6100 trucks. Hehe

Mike
Really the grudge match should be against TTs, an unlimited class other then a trans axle vs a limited vehicle. 6100s shouldnt stand a chance. Really 4400 should also. the limit in that isnt much plus 4wd also. I guess the 10s must have a new grudge battle with the UTVs now. haha.

MTPyle

Reaction
You are right. the C1 guys should be racing against TT. But they can't hang so they want to come beat up on the 535hp spec trucks. its stupid for sure. Bullies LOL

The Class 1 and 4400 should totally beat 6100. Not sure why they even want to race 6100 as what kind of accomplishment is that to beat us?

Mike

Robin Hood

Reaction
You are right. the C1 guys should be racing against TT. But they can't hang so they want to come beat up on the 535hp spec trucks. its stupid for sure. Bullies LOL

The Class 1 and 4400 should totally beat 6100. Not sure why they even want to race 6100 as what kind of accomplishment is that to beat us?

Mike
🤔...6100's on average cost more than class 1's, so shouldn't they be faster? Or do you just like to throw money at a truck to be slower?

MTPyle

Reaction
I know my 6100 does not cost more than most Class 1. Haha

But the reason 6100 cost more is because they are spec and its expensive to get everything out of a Tagged 535hp engine. Way easier and cheaper to just throw 1000hp in and go. Class 1 can and does have way more power and much lighter than 6100.

But yes sometimes you have to spend more to make a less capable vehicle fast.

The Class 1 vs 6100 debate is Stupid. Should not even be a discussion. Class 1 should in every way beat all the 6100's. Period.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
LOL sorry that was supposed to be sarcastic. But with some truth sprinkled in. LOL

My point is faster is not always more expensive. a new Corvette is way cheaper than a Ferrari. The reason a 6100 is expensive is because you have to do a lot to get every bit out of a spec engine. And we can't just throw heavy stuff in as we have limited power.

If you had a $250K truck budget and one was limited with 535hp and the other was unlimited the unlimited for $250K would be faster. Point is the limited part is not really making it cheaper.

Which none of this really matters becusase a Class 1 should be and usually is faster than a 6100. No reason why they should be in the same class or race. Again it's a stupid argument.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Reaction
LOL sorry that was supposed to be sarcastic. But with some truth sprinkled in. LOL

My point is faster is not always more expensive. a new Corvette is way cheaper than a Ferrari. The reason a 6100 is expensive is because you have to do a lot to get every bit out of a spec engine. And we can't just throw heavy stuff in as we have limited power.

If you had a $250K truck budget and one was limited with 535hp and the other was unlimited the unlimited for $250K would be faster. Point is the limited part is not really making it cheaper.

Which none of this really matters becusase a Class 1 should be and usually is faster than a 6100. No reason why they should be in the same class or race. Again it's a stupid argument.

Mike
I'm almost thinking Dave made that a grudge match because of you!

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
is it to early to get excited for KOH? I dont really get excited. i dont have much faith in the word our goverment, especially when you add Cali.
i have lots left. waiting on axles to show still. only major thing i need. sway bar was ordered after and it showed.
this year will be neat to see the time splits between classes and TTs getting the rougher course last.
Definitely not! KOH for me is like the BK1 you wait all year for it to happen! I get home tired and a little burnt out from being at the races all week then after about 24hrs I'm ready to do it all again!!!

51rcr

Reaction
Definitely not! KOH for me is like the BK1 you wait all year for it to happen! I get home tired and a little burnt out from being at the races all week then after about 24hrs I'm ready to do it all again!!!
thats my life. never a time to get excited. just a constant spinning circle of work really. but its fun, i think. Theres a reason lots dont get dedicated or stick with somethings. to much work and stress they say.