6100, TTspec, Baja Truck only thread

51rcr

Reaction
Finally got my truck done. I have had it out a handful of times and it is scary fast. I am looking forward to seeing how we do against teams with unlimited budgets. I love this class because it is a driver class and we all have the same HP. I still have the 430HP engine in it and I am tempted to run it against 525hp engines. We ran a 1450 Ranger in Class 7 for years. We had 203hp at the wheels racing side by side against trucks with twice the HP. I built the truck to be inexpensive to prep and fun to drive. See you all at the finish line because I know I will be there, will you ? JK My dad always told me, you must finish the race first, in order to win the race.
nice truck how long it take you?

MTPyle

Reaction
We are getting close to ready for KOH Desert challenge. Dyno went amazing and new body is on and looks sweet. We made a lot of aero changes and tweaks with this new Fiberwerx body. Cant wait to get it on the dry lake bed and see what she can do. Getting excited for KOH

Mike
IMG_1177.jpeg

860B0BE9-ADC5-45C8-9525-1706619DD873.jpeg

MTPyle

Reaction
No. Won’t get them for KOH. The TT guys will but not us lowly spec guys. Haha

That being said I think the current MT might be better for this KOH course anyway for us spec guys. Lots of sand and loose gravel that the tread design of the MT’s love.

The new Toyo race tire design is closer to the BFG with a little more slip and longer lasting. We don’t have a wear issue and want softer for the rock sections.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah we are excited for the rain to come. Races are much more fun and safe when dust is reduced. And it makes passing easier for sure.

I think our gearing is perfect. Especially for our torque curve. We need to keep our RPMs lower than a LS3 and already have a tad bit high gear.

Mike

51rcr

Reaction
my supposed good trans was bad. put a stock in so it can go. if cant get the rebuild today it will come with another truck and get put in down there.

MTPyle

Reaction
Not sure who you use for trans work but Maximum transmissions in Hysperia is amazing and can knock stuff out super fast. He has all the parts in stock. We went testing once in Jean and our trans was screwed. Went to Maximum and they got it fixed and back in the truck the same day.

Also we have a decent fresh built trans as a back up that you are welcome to use. It’s nothing super special but will hold up for sure. It has all race parts and billet valve body. Stock case and gear ratio. It’s set up for an underdrive.

Let me know how we can help. Even if you just need help down there swapping it out let us help.

Mike

51rcr

Reaction
Not sure who you use for trans work but Maximum transmissions in Hysperia is amazing and can knock stuff out super fast. He has all the parts in stock. We went testing once in Jean and our trans was screwed. Went to Maximum and they got it fixed and back in the truck the same day.

Also we have a decent fresh built trans as a back up that you are welcome to use. It’s nothing super special but will hold up for sure. It has all race parts and billet valve body. Stock case and gear ratio. It’s set up for an underdrive.

Let me know how we can help. Even if you just need help down there swapping it out let us help.

Mike
Thanks for the offer. Mine is standard fixed yoke. This was a used trans. Local guy only had stock parts in stock so a buddy in So Cal got me set up i think. If not i got a trans that works in it. Its so stock it has a vacuum line. haha Stop and say hi. same for anyone else. garage 108 prp place. I dont have any big secrets to hide.

MTPyle

Reaction
Haha when we got our truck the trans had a vacuum line also. Was told it was a race trans and come to find out it was bone stock, well it had a larger pan and some crappy way to make it manual. Then began a deep dive into racing transmissions and now I know way more than I every wanted to about them. We could not afford to just order a top end trans. Was really fortunate to find Chris at Maximum. He was able to upgrade us slowly and not break the bank.

I will come say hi. We are in H117 in the heights if you need anything or just want to chat. We also have a open shop and camp. Not sure how to find our spot as it’s not on any maps but I think we will figure it out. Haha.

We still have so much left to do. Our punch list is getting longer not shorter. Haha

Mike

Tube ride

Reaction
Moving a set of axles from apple valley to Temecula tomorrow going to take the 247 over to get a look. Will have 20’ of open trailer if someone needs anything hauled .

MTPyle

Reaction
Still have lots of work to do. We leave in less than 24 hours.

new 2021 Look came out pretty sweet. Still need to mount front lights and valance. The poor wrap guy got no time and worked all night last night. No matter what I do we seem to scramble at the last hour. So dumb. Haha

Mike

Attachments

• C58ACAEE-752E-47E6-9C22-1F5214078853.jpeg
    C58ACAEE-752E-47E6-9C22-1F5214078853.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 62
  • FE19A8CE-46AB-48B6-8DB3-6C93AC2A043B.jpeg
    FE19A8CE-46AB-48B6-8DB3-6C93AC2A043B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60