6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

jon coleman

Reaction
two hose clamps , & some rubber isolators, like a shock resovoir mount deal, if just one clamp breaks...

MTPyle

Reaction
LOL When I took the picture Blake the guy working on it was gone. I called him and he said he went to get more hose clamps. Haha

So it has two hose clamps and safety wired. But we did not rubber mount as I am not sure what rubber would be E85 safe. But they are solid and wont move.

Mike

jon coleman

Reaction
LOL When I took the picture Blake the guy working on it was gone. I called him and he said he went to get more hose clamps. Haha

So it has two hose clamps and safety wired. But we did not rubber mount as I am not sure what rubber would be E85 safe. But they are solid and wont move.

Mike
some kind of e85 compatible materials can help, looks good other wise!!👍

MTPyle

Reaction
Now that I look at the pic its also missing the brace that goes across the bottom, which was added. So this was not complete. But gives the idea. I dont know why I post pictures. Haha

Mike

Robin Hood

Reaction
Now that I look at the pic its also missing the brace that goes across the bottom, which was added. So this was not complete. But gives the idea. I dont know why I post pictures. Haha

Mike
I don't understand why you continually try to reinvent the wheel. It is an expensive way to go racing...I think it is where you find the most satisfaction though.

jon coleman

Reaction
i would tweek things in between races, ( other wise i couldn't sleep at night knowing if i had just re- did the header& exhaust i could pull the sand wash in 4th....

MTPyle

Reaction
Robin Hood.

I don’t get it either. LOL some kind of sickness I am sure.

when we have an issue that needs to be solved I want to go all in and make it the best it can be. And to be honest if we are not innovating we are not going to be competitive. I get we have lots of areas that we can improve on and we are trying to work on all of those also. We leave no rock unturned.

We had no choice but to make a major change to our fuel system. We have been making little changes that have not worked for 2 years. For this project we always had ways to fall back on that have been proven. But it was worth the risk to try new things. We have done many new things that did eventually work out. Haha

Mike

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Reaction
we also find out if our new fuel system will work. Haha

We are doing a variable PWM brushless fuel pump in the fuel cell. With no return or regulator. The fuel pump only runs as much as it needs to supply the right amount of fuel. So no added heat to the system or heavy load with pump running 100% duty.

When I read this...I thought OH NO:eek:...not just before San Felipe!

It’s a proven system.

this is how all new GM direct injection engines are done. So we are not doing anything crazy. Should work better than mechanical regulator

Mike

I've heard this before...nothing is proven in desert racing until....it is proven in desert racing;)

I highly doubt we will have any issues. I actually think our new system will be an advantage over the systems used by other spec truck teams.

Let others with multiple trucks reinvent the wheel....i.e. Geiser has 50+ trucks testing equipment.

To be honest if we are not innovating we are not going to be competitive.

Mike

There are proven fuel systems, proven brakes, proven motor packages, etc. I would recommend letting others test and prove new technology or the cash burn will burn you out, before you meet your goals. I am a fan, so don't take any of this personal, but it would be one thing if you were running top three every race and needed the little extra to get over the hump.

MTPyle

Reaction
Robin Hood.

All good points and I appreciate the feedback. Yes there are proven things and that’s always better.

I would say in general we do not go too far from the proven. The new engine was a mess and it was supposed to be simple, so yes you got me there. Haha I know that’s why it’s not proven and I took my lumps on that. But in the end we feel like we now have a better engine package than the rest of the fleet. So I think it was worth it.

it will take all of our efforts to come together at once to be successful. If we would have just left our truck the way it was when we got it and focused on driving we would not have a chance at a podium.

for us to podium it will take a great truck and that’s not what we started with.

No way our truck will compete with new modern $400k+ truck without us pushing the envelope. Even then we still may never compete with them. But if we get close it will be huge for us. Imagine getting beat by us with your half a million dollar new truck. That’s what drives us. We are the underdog and will fight every step to be as fast as we can. Nothing in that says don’t take risk and just do proven stuff.

And just FYI this fuel system cost us almost nothing.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Our only DNF’s came from the new LT1 engine and it was all on Turnkey. We have only had one DNF that was not part of the LT1 and that was Ss300 when we caught on fire from having our trans cooler hooked up backwards. LOL our filter was one way so no flow. That was a painful pill to swallow. Overall we have a good finish record. Just not good results. LOL

We no longer care about finishing. We are only focused on podium now. We are going to San Felipe believing we will win. (As long as Kyle has issues haha) This is the first race that has been our attitude. We are all in and if we end up a DNF it’s because we put it all on the line.

Mike

Last edited:

51rcr

Reaction
Our only DNF’s came from the new LT1 engine and it was all on Turnkey. We have only had one DNF that was not part of the LT1 and that was Ss300 when we caught on fire from having our trans cooler hooked up backwards. LOL our filter was one way so no flow. That was a painful pill to swallow. Overall we have a good finish record. Just not good results. LOL

We no longer care about finishing. We are only focused on podium now. We are going to San Felipe believing we will win. (As long as Kyle has issues haha) This is the first race that has been our attitude. We are all in and if we end up a DNF it’s because we put it all on the line.

Mike
One thing, well a few with that new engine. Look at what all your learning with that engine as is one of your partners. Racing always brings out interesting things.

MTPyle

Reaction
Oh yeah we are learning a lot. Haha

truck was on the dyno yesterday and everything is super solid. New fuel system is more stable and seems way better. Finally got our trims down to less than 1% so she is dialed and happy. AFR curve is super flat. Making good power and sounds amazing.

New front brakes go on today. Went with 6 piston Stoptech in the front. I think our current brakes are good enough for the rear. Cost about $5k for just the front. LOL Ouch!!!

Loading up the Motorhome, Raptor, Toy hauler, and Can am to head south tonight. Race truck comes down next monday.

The truck is the best its been, which is our goal each prep and race.

Mike